• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader Will Not Open 2020.009.20074

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All users have the newest update 2020.009.20074 installed on Windows 10 1909. I have sporadic users tell me that they cannot open PDF attachments within email, on our shared drive or within our ERP system. The only remedy is to reboot the computer. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, deleting users profile, turning off Protected Mode and Enhanced Security with Adobe. Some users get the DDE error which I followed every step and still does not work. Is anyone else having any issues or suggest any fixes to remedy?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We started having the same issue on August 5th as well. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling 2020.009.20074 and even went back to AcroRdrDC2000920063_en_US which still gave the error. We tried an old version just for testing purposes AcroRdrDC2000920063_en_US (only offline installer we had on hand at the moment) and from what I understand from another tech, the issue did seem to stop. Returning to the new version again caused the error. We still have yet to find a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which one did you use that worked? You referenced 63 twice. I tried 67 and it still has the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I meant AcroRdrDC1901220034_en_US was the only one we had on hand. We only used it for testing. Something we found is that disabling 'Enable Protected Mode at Startup' and 'Enable Enhanced Security' in preferences makes the issue go away even though we hate disabling security for functionality, but otherwise people aren't able to use it. So far it's affected about 12 of about 125+ employees here and everyone is on the same version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines