• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader Will Not Open on Mac

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Adobe Reader on my new Mac.  It was working fine, but yesterday it stopped opening PDFs.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it is behaving the same way.

When I click to open a PDF, it appears to launch Reader, but the PDF never becomes visible.  I have tried opening with "Open with" as well as going to "File>Open" in Reader.  Again, it appears the app opens, but then it does not actually function. 

Can someone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Hello Blakew,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are not able to open PDF files on Mac machine using Adobe Reader, Is that correct?

Please try opening PDF file with Adobe Reader from Window>Cascade>Tile and see if that brings up the PDFs.

You may also refer and try the troubleshooting steps from the following Adobe article Can't open PDF

Is Adobe Reader is crashing or freezing while you open a PDF file? Are you able to launch Adobe Reader?

Try resetting Adob

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Blakew,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are not able to open PDF files on Mac machine using Adobe Reader, Is that correct?

Please try opening PDF file with Adobe Reader from Window>Cascade>Tile and see if that brings up the PDFs.

You may also refer and try the troubleshooting steps from the following Adobe article Can't open PDF

Is Adobe Reader is crashing or freezing while you open a PDF file? Are you able to launch Adobe Reader?

Try resetting Adobe Reader's Preferences once and reboot the machine, to reset the Preferences, please refer to the steps mentioned in the article How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Also, try the following steps and see if this brings any difference:

• Navigate to Preferences: Edit>Preferences>Page Display>Page Content and Information>Select large images.
  • Navigate to Preferences: Edit>Preferences>General>Uncheck "Show online Storage when opening files" and "Show online storage when saving files"

If you are not able to launch Adobe Reader, then use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install the latest version of Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

What is the version of the Mac OS installed? Are you not able to open all the PDF files or any specific file?

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines