Highlighted

Adobe Reader won't print. (But problem solved.)

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I'm posting this in the hopes that it might help someone else out that may have the same symptom. Last week, my Adobe Reader stopped printing. Nothing I did produced any result. Not hitting the print icon. Not hitting CTRL+P. Not selecting "print" from the drop-down menu. There was no error message. No nothing. It was as if I hadn't clicked anything. I tried repairing the installation, no help. I've rebooted the computer many times over the last couple weeks. Here's what finally fixed it. On a whim, I went to Windows Explorer, right-clicked on the PDF file, and selected "print" from Explorers context menu. Adobe flashed open for a sec, and the document printed. Now, Adobe Reader prints as it always used to do. There must have been some little "glitch" or something going on.

Problem solved. Hope this helps someone else.

Artie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Reader won't print. (But problem solved.)

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I'm posting this in the hopes that it might help someone else out that may have the same symptom. Last week, my Adobe Reader stopped printing. Nothing I did produced any result. Not hitting the print icon. Not hitting CTRL+P. Not selecting "print" from the drop-down menu. There was no error message. No nothing. It was as if I hadn't clicked anything. I tried repairing the installation, no help. I've rebooted the computer many times over the last couple weeks. Here's what finally fixed it. On a whim, I went to Windows Explorer, right-clicked on the PDF file, and selected "print" from Explorers context menu. Adobe flashed open for a sec, and the document printed. Now, Adobe Reader prints as it always used to do. There must have been some little "glitch" or something going on.

Problem solved. Hope this helps someone else.

Artie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Artie,

Thanks for sharing the troubleshooting, we appreciate your time and effort.

This would be a helpful information for someone who will experience the same.

Regards,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Artie and Ankanchha

I'm having the same issue....it's just stopped printing from the Adobe viewer.
If I save the PDF in another folder, if I right-click on the file name and select print....it will print...but gives me no options.Eg if I've got a 16 page PDF and I want to print pages 1-5, it wont let me...it just prints the whole thing.
It doesn't give me the printer menu.
This has just happened a few days ago.

I'm running Windows 10 !!!

Maybe not the same operating system as you.

Still cant get it to work

Akanchha.....is this a common problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

You may try printing this way Print selected pages of a PDF file using Acrobat or Reader

-Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good day Artied2.  It seems i'm having the same issue but can you explain a little further.  When you say you went to windows explorer, you mean windows file explorer?  correct?  This would surely insinuate you have the file saved on your pc.  My issue is that when i use an online database and request a report, the preview opens Adobe, however when i click on the print icon it acts as if i never clicked.  Maybe not the same issue here.

thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please delete my comment if possible.

Realized there are other threads about this issue with replies from Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
marcc12 LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem on a mac. Any idea how to fix it.. Really annoying...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC