Highlighted

Adobe Reader X v10.1.3 Dutch

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Since yesterday 1/9/2020 Adobe Reader X v 10.1.3 crashes.

I want to repair or reinstall this version but i can not find anywhere on the internet the Adobe Reader X v10.1.3 Dutch.

I know that this version is not supported anymore and needs an upgrade, but that is not possible because of the OS-version (on the local computer).

Is there any place on the internet of has someone this version?

Thanks in advance.

Mitchell

Topics

Download and install, General troubleshooting, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Reader X v10.1.3 Dutch

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Since yesterday 1/9/2020 Adobe Reader X v 10.1.3 crashes.

I want to repair or reinstall this version but i can not find anywhere on the internet the Adobe Reader X v10.1.3 Dutch.

I know that this version is not supported anymore and needs an upgrade, but that is not possible because of the OS-version (on the local computer).

Is there any place on the internet of has someone this version?

Thanks in advance.

Mitchell

Topics

Download and install, General troubleshooting, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen other reports that V10 has just stopped working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime i have found an alternative.

I have uninstalled the v10.1.3 version, than installed v10.1.0 and used the update tool to install v10.1.2.

Because any version higher than v10.1.2 gives an error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming I am also seeing Adobe Reader X 10.1.3 (English) crash with the error "The memory could not be read".

AdobeReaderXMemoryError.png

This started happening on multiple servers yesterday 1/9/2020.

Uninstalling 10.1.3 and installing DC Dec 2019 (19.021.20058) seemed to resolve it for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "font capture" message is an interesting one. I wonder if there was a Windows update on the date where the problem started? If so, it may have added a font that causes problems. If it's Windows 10, Microsoft keep messing with the font machinery, and it isn't surprising that old apps break...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add some more context - in our case we were seeing the issue on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016. Automatic Windows updates were disabled on these servers and we hadn't recently applied any manual Windows updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Test_Screen_Name,

The problem with Adobe Reader occured last week.

The last updates (and than i am talking about ANY update like Windows Updates, Application updates etc.) were  just before Christmas.

Nothing happend between these updates and when the problem of Adobe occured.

Also there were no changes made to the system where this application is installed.

When i am adding everything together, the only possibility is that Adobe made some changes to the application...

I really do not know how or why they did this...

Has anyone a solution for now? Maybe a quick-fix?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly if you did not update the application, then Adobe did not change it. The last changes to the application were with the final update, 10.1.16 in October 2015. But you did not install it: 10.1.3 was changed in April 2012. Many people have reported issues like this; the crashes seem quite random but most people find that a later version fixes it.

Acrobat Reader X does not update without permission. The current version Reader DC does this, certainly.

Many people have found that later versions of X fix the problem. So, it was probably a bug, Adobe fixed it, you never installed the fix. How could it happen? Well, here is an idea. It is just made up, but it shows what could have caused it. Maybe (imaginary speculation) Acrobat Reader connects to a server to get a list of updates. Maybe there was room for 144 updates, then a crash. Adobe noticed the problem and fixed it years ago. Maybe update number 145 appeared and unfixed software failed. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC