• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe took over my Embroidery files

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a machine embroiderer...have tons of embroidery files on my computer.  When I downloaded Adobe Reader on my computer, it took over all my embroidery files and all my files  had the Adobe Reader extension...I couldn't tell which was the embroidery file or which was the tutorial file because everything had the Adobe extension. I had to open each file up individually to see what it was.  So I uninstalled Adobe reader . 

There is another program I have which is Inklingo (a quilting program) that can only be used with Adobe Reader.  

Is there a way I can download Adobe Reader so I can access my Inklingo program and not have Adobe take over my embroidery designs extensions?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having looked at the documentation for Inklingo at the lindafranz.com website, apparently Inklingo is totally based on printing .pdf files via either the free Adobe Acrobat Reader or either Adobe Acrobat Standard or Adobe Acrobat Pro. Obviously, installing any of these three programs with result in those programs “owning” the .pdf file extension. Otherwise, the software would not work if double-clicking on .pdf files didn't result in this software opening those files. Thus, if both the instructions for and the patterns used by Inklingo are both PDF (.pdf) files, there is nothing that can be done by Adobe's software or any other equivalent PDF reader to differentiate between them.

Is there some other file extension that you think Adobe software is taking over beyond .pdf that is interfering with you?

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines