• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe will not load my PDF

New Here ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like this question is posted a lot, but I need help.

I had to re download Adobe for my new hard drive - but now it will not open my PDFs. Everything is up to date and I was able to open this file on my old hard drive.

What has changed? Did I download the wrong program?

I have attached a photo of what the error message says.adobe.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Use Acrobat Reader, not Adobe Reader Touch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Acrobat Reader, not Adobe Reader Touch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the issue is on Acrobat Reader DC. Crosschecked on multiple machines with the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a screen shot showing the same message “Please wait... if this message...” in Acrobat Reader on Mac or Windows (not Reader Touch, not Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Internet Explorer, not in Safari or Preview, not in an email app, not on a mobile or tablet) then please share it. Please do not email it!!

If you aren’t getting that message at all you can’t say you have the same problem so please start a new message to avoid confusion for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help/answer!

This was exactly the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, while the cause is completely different, it certainly shows up in the same way.  This is a common message but 99% of people just aren’t using the right software. You mentioned Enable All Features. Does that make the regular file appear without doing anything else?  Can you share the URL of a file showing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, I understand and I didn't mean to hijack the OP's thread if the root cause of the problem differs from his/hers Enabling all features just freezes the reader, window turns to gray and the cursor turns into the loading icon. Waiting doesn't help, only thing that works is to end all Reader processes from Task Manager or if you happen to end the right process first, then the Reader turns back into normal and opens the document. The issue started few weeks back after the May 14th update.

I'll try to find a file from a public source that I'd be able to share. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This document has the same behaviour: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008enu_2d.pdf

Opens with the error message on Reader DC, enabling features and shutting down one of the Adobe Reader Process' opens the document correctly. Also happens on some documents that have not been signed, so that's likely not the issue. All the documents that do have the problem have a form in them and so far every one I've seen to cause the problem have been created with some version of LiveCycle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this form you must disable the protection mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If you are getting this message while viewing a pdf in a browser, you are most likely trying to open a Dynamic XFA (XML Form Architecture) PDF. To view such PDF documents, we recommend you to download the file locally and open it either in Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.

For detailed information about what exactly causes trouble and how it can be sorted, you may read this article:

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines