• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

advanced search automatacally closes after it finishes

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

advanced search automataclly closes after it finishes.

Hi,

After I do a search the window automatically closes before i can save the search in CSV.

any ideas on how i can fix that.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , How to , Share or review PDFs , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's that advanced search in Adobe Acrobat Reader you're speaking about? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't save the results of the Advanced Search in Reader. Are you really using Acrobat? If so, what version, and on what OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using adobe Acrobat DC on windows 10, when i click on edit and advanced search i am searching a loot of files for a specific word with in it and whend the search finished it closes by itself 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. What's your exact version number of Acrobat? You can find it out by going to Help - About Adobe Acrobat.

I would recommend making sure you have all the updates installed and then trying to do a Repair Installation (also from the Help menu), if the issue is not solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continuous Release I Version 2020.013.20064.

so there is a lot of files that is searching from, for you to have an idea it takes about 2 hrs before it finishes the search, but then the advanced search closes by its self right after it finishes, does the amount of files in the folder that its searching have anything to do with that? just me thinking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try asking a couple of my cooworkers to do the same search and they all happens the same way it auto closes after the search is completed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is the application is crashing, probably due to an Out of Memory error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anything you can recommend, we need to search a really large amount of PDFs files in order to find wich file heas the spefic work we are searching for?

any help will be appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would recommend using a stand-alone (preferably command-line) tool.

The output can be a simple text file, or it can even move the matching files to a specific folder.

This will require some custom-made development, though. If you're interested in hiring someone to create such a tool for you feel free to contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines