• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Feb 11, 2020 update (17.011.30158) cannot see previews in file explorer

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the Feb 11th update (17.011.30158), users on our RDP servers can no longer use the file preview for pdf's in either Reader or Standard.  Has anyone else seen this? I don't want to have to uninstall the updates, but this is a very important feature for users.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TTGNJ,

Thank you for reaching out.

As per your description, users on RDP server are not able to preview the PDF after the recent update of the application.

Please confim if you are referring to the preview option that is available in the Acrobat and Reader application or you are referring to the preview that appears in the file explorer on selecting the file.

Would you please let us know what happens when user click on the PDFs? Is there any error message that appears?

It would be helpful if you can share the screen recording of the issue.

We will be waiting for your response.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm referring to the preview normally available in File Explore. When I click on the pdf's in File Explorer, nothing happens. Apparently the updates for Acrobat Std and Reader that occurred on 2/11/20 caused this. I have confirmed with another admin that this is happening at other businesses as well.

Adam Lefsky
Managing Member
[Signature with personal contact info removed - Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines