• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After saving a fillable form from online and opening I can no longer access the fillable fields

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded and saved a document that has fillable fields. If I come back to the file from my Documents and open in Adobe, I can see the data I typed in initially but I can no longer type in the fillable fields or access the drop down menus. Is this a setting I can update? This is a new computer and I had to download Adobe from the site. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described coming back to the file from my Documents and open in Adobe, you can see the data you typed in initially but you can no longer type in the fillable fields or access the drop down menus.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing. Please upload the file to the document cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/  generate the link and share it with us.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat reader you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat Reader and make sure yiu have the latest version 20.009.20074 installaed Go to Help > Check for Updates.

You may also try creating a new test user profile with full admin rights on Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Keep us posted with the results

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be sure to use Acrobat Reader fo fill and open PDF forms, never use Apple Preview, aka "the PDF killer".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines