Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Windows updates Adobe Reader stops working

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After this month's round of Windows updates, most of my users are experiencing an issue where Adobe DC Reader will not open until they reboot their PC one more time. Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this can be fixed with one additonal reboot, I would just leave it as it is. It's just one of those things that Windows does...

If the reboot does not fix it, then run a repair from Reader's help menu (which might also require a reboot). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A repair did not resolve this. Occasionally a PC will not open Adobe even after a reboot and I end up having to do a clean uninstall and reinstall, but this rarely happens. Usuaully a reboot will fix until the next month's updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please let us know if the issue is resolved now or you still face it?

Also, please share the Windows and Reader versions ? 

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, unfortunately it's still a problem. I've tried a clean uninstall and reinstall. Then when the next month's updates come around, same issue all over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10 Version 1909. Adobe Reader DC Version 20.013.20074

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't have a resolution. Is there anything else you would suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issue. After Windows/Office update, Acrobat fails. I am running 32-bit versions on Windows 10 ARM laptop (Surface Pro X). All software updated to latest versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Acrobat completely fails, it is not the same issue. Please post a new question, otherwise nobody besides the people participating in this question might see B it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If anyone is still following this, it seems to be an issue related to the AntiVirus software we use, called FortiClient. I've contacted Fortinet and I'll update as I get more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines