• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All my PDFs are now Firefox HTML Files

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything to get them back to being PDFs but no posted solutions work.  People can read them.  When I select "Output to PDF" in Word Perfect it works as always has, but what is saved is the Firefox HTML files.  This would not matter IF I had not needed to export back to WP because something got lost and all I had was the PDF.  1500 words or so too long to want to retype. I should be able to open the PDF in WP no problem and it will convert it back.  It can't because it doesn't recognize it!  And to forestall the inevitable question, I do not WANT to switch to MS Word.  Subject closed.  Moving on.  One suggestion was to go into Adobe Acrobat reader and make it the default PDF handler.  Worked for that person, not for me.  There are several options to output PDFs back to their original but only seem to be Microsoft options.  Any help would be appreciated!  Waiting on answer from Firefox community but have no hope of getting anything useful.  Was hoping someone here had seen this issue and had a solution.  Thanks1 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF and browsers , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I understand you long desciption, you having problems in creating PDF files from Word Perfect? So then you'll have to look there for the reason. Reader is only a PDF viewer. It doesn't matter if it's the local default PDF viewer or not. You can always start it first and then open any PDF via the file menu or simply by drag'n drop. However, if the output from Word Perfect isn't a PDF-file anymore, Acrobat Reader can't open it either. You should check the file properties to be sure, what kind of file you got. Although I don't use Word Perfect at all I can't think of any reason why it should create an HTML-file when you select Output to PDF. This makes no sense, since those files have nothing in common.

I guess your default PDF viewer has been set to Firefox. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/not-default-pdf-owner-windows10.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for responding but that wasn't my problem at all.  And although it seems odd, that is what happened.  Someone from Firefox was able to figure at least part of it out.  I know what Acrobat is and never said it was Acrobat's fault,  And Firefox had not been set as default viewer.  it was a Windows thing, since things often get changed by them without asking or anyone knowing until it becomes a problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines