• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Always getting warning before opening pdfs in adobe acrobat

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had never experienced this problem, but suddenly, since yesterday, I have been getting a warning prompt when I try to open a pdf in Acrobat. This is becoming troublesome, and I would appreciate it if someone would suggest how to stop getting this.

adobe acrobat.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a warning from Acrobat but from Windows. You might have applied some new security settings.

Try this, to turn it off: https://superuser.com/questions/818988/disable-the-security-warning-do-you-want-to-open-this-file-un...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response! Well, I didn't change any security settings, as far as I can remember. However, I just remembered that this started happening right after I uninstalled some programs that I had not been using for a long time, like Asymptote, GhostScript, Strawberry Pearl, PyCharm etc. Could this be any reason why the warnings have started showing up?

Also, I am a bit hesitant about the registry editor, seeing that I know next to nothing about it, so I would be glad for some alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

++ Adding on to the correct suggestion by radzmar

You may also refer to the similar discussion - https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat/Disable-Security-Warning/td-p/7557151

Let us know if that works for you

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding! I am not having any problem related to opening links in a document, as they are working fine for me. What is annoying me are the warning messages that are popping up every time. 

Also, I am a bit hesitant about using the Registry Editor, as I fear I may mess up somewhere. But I'll see if I can try that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines