• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly - help please!

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and the last page of this PDF is not loading with this error message loading:

An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem. I'm the person who created it  and i've changed the last page to see if it was something wrong with the content but it's still displaying this..

Any help is appreciated!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Hello Lilia_Servo,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are getting the error message while viewing the last page of the PDF "An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly", Is that correct?

Could you please confirm what is the content of the last page of the PDF file? Does it contain real text or is it a scanned document contains image only?

Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed, check for any pending

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lilia_Servo,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are getting the error message while viewing the last page of the PDF "An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly", Is that correct?

Could you please confirm what is the content of the last page of the PDF file? Does it contain real text or is it a scanned document contains image only?

Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed, check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader.

Try repairing Adobe Reader once from help>repair installation. You may also refer and try the suggestions from the following Adobe discussions "An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display~" problem

"An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly..." when open file created...

An Error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person ...

What is the dot version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

What is the version of OS installed? If the issue is specific to one PDF file, Is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can test it at our end?

To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AnandSri  Please review latest finding by @Stanley5FA9 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem,  some images won't show.
BUt they are all linked files, so it is not normal that some appear and others don't.
There's also a single color that won't show (it is not a spot color, just CMYK)

I tried everything, duplicating the file, restarting the computer, etc. Nothing works.
But I exported an earlier version of the file in the same morning, so I really don't get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got a solution for this? I'm still getting this error. I'm trying to open a label from a courier express company with barcodes on it. I have tried it with DC 2020 and 2021 as well, same error message:

"An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem."

E.g. Chrome can open the pdf without any problem.

Screenshot 2021-04-13 215002.jpg

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have same issue and I found the reason for my case.

My pdf was from my colleague who created pdf from EDA tool - Mentor's PADS vx2.x series.

She created the PCB layoout pdf by clicking "create PDF".

Her PC has Window 10 Pro and she has no problem.

But my PC has Windows 10 Home. And I see the error message when I try to see the file always.

I tried my pc at home which has Windows 10 Pro and it showed no issue.

And I asked another colleague to check on his PC installed Windows 10 Home. And he sees same error.

As a conclusion, Acrobat Reader DC has different feature on Windows 10 Home vs Pro.

If Adobe engineer can check and tips for Widnows 10 Home users, it'll be very great thing.

Thanks,

Stanley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thanks, and it's really weird.

Unfortunately I don't have a Win10 Home around me, to test it. I have opened the files on 8 different Windows 10 Pro, and all reports the same problem.

The pdf file I wanted to open was created by a courier company, I guess their automated system don't use Windows10 Home for creation, but who knows, anyway, they will surely not change their system, as pdf file opens well in other pdf apps.

ps: it seems other courier company labels have same problem: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/t/error-opening-ups-label-in-adobe-acrobat/421484

After several searches, I see this error message has been existing for long time. Is there any Adobe Engineer reading this forum, who could finally check and solve it?

Thank you,

Istvan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a few years later but I hope this post helps someone who was struggling like I was and came to this page for answers but was not helped by any of the previous answers. I was trying to output a PDF from Coreldraw 2020 and when I went to view the PDF, I got this exact error code. So what I did was troubleshoot my PDF save settings when in the process of saving the file to pdf format.

When I finished and went to save my file to pdf, in the PDF Settings page, there is a tab at the very right labeled Issues. If you have the issues called 'Hidden but printable layers'. This error made me curious and so I investigated and learned that this means there was a layer in project that was "hidden" or not visible but when saving the pdf, it was also trying to embed the hidden layer in my pdf which created a reading error in Adobe. 

To solve this issue; I went back to my project in Coreldraw and opened the Object Manager. If you do not already have it open, go to the top tab called Window, Dockers, Objects and this should open up the Object Manager on the right of the screen. When you hover the mouse over any layer, on the right you will see a few icons such as Show/Hide, Lock/Unlock, and 'Enable/Disable Print and Export'. This is the key to that error message when saving pdf's. You must DISABLE Print and Export any layer that you do not want to show in your exported project. You do this by clicking on the lock icon labeled Print and Export to DISABLE. Now try to save your project to PDF again with this setting corrected and you should be able to view the PDF now just like I was able to.

I hope this helps somebody who was not helped by the other answers on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, with the same problem. The "solutions" listed are outdated and ineffective. I'm experiencing this problem with a singular file exporting out of InDesign. The workaround was to export the file as a jpg, place it into a new InDesign file, and reexport it as what is essentially a rasterized PDF.
An actual solution would be fantastic.  😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I fixed my autocad printing to pdf issue (same as above.) I had a General title sheet with Titleblock xref. I found out that when i detach the titleblock xref it printed to pdf just fine. So i know now this xref was causing an issue. So here is what I did to solve it.

Step 1.0 Open xref'd file (Titleblock) and check what kind of PDF printer setting you have. 

Tuya247891358vjo_0-1654726593566.png

1.1 Also while you are in the xref file, check if you have any image file attached. If so 'imageframe<2>' set to 2.

1.2 Audit and fix any error in the xref.

1.3 Purge any extras.

1.4 Save and close.

Step 2. Open General title sheet (your drawing that needs to be printed to the pdf). Match that printer with the xref printer setting.

2.1 Set  'imageframe<2>' set to 2. (if you have an image file)

2.2 Audit and fix any error in the file.

2.3 Purge any extras.

2.4 Save and print to PDF again. 

Whola, it worked for my, and lmk if you tried and find it helpful.

Good luck.

Tuya Bliss

CAD/REVIT coordinator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to print to Adobe PDF - fail. I tried print to Microsoft Print to PDF; first time failed; second time was successful. Windows 11 (groan).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this same error EVERY TIME I create and sign a pdf. I convert a word doc to pdf, add a signature box, click the box to add my adobe digital id then when it saves I get the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user that is having the same issue.  While watching him open the file, etc I noticed he was using a UNC path rather than our designated Q drive (which is mapped to the UNC).  I didnt think it would make a difference, but I had him open the file from the Q drive rather than the UNC.  It worked fine.  I then on my computer tried the same thing, but with one of my PDF files.  It DID have the same issue.  If I opened the file from the UNC path it would get the error while saving creating the digitally signed version.  But again, it worked fine when doing the same file through the Q drive.  Sounds like a bug in Acrobat, in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to say thank you as this was the solution to our company's experience with this error. Regular users do not have permission to write to the format of \\servername\drive$\foldersample, and that is how they are linked to it automatically if the file location is hyperlinked. Directly copying and pasting the D:\foldersample location into file explorer resolved our mystery error!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I am the administrator that created the PDF. i am actually printing the document to the Microsoft PDF.

Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found an easier but cruder way to do this for Adobe Illustrator, to any options while trying to Save as PDF.

So, I hust saved the required art boards as .png file and then converted to .pef file.

These files work and support normal pdf Editting/Commenting features in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines