Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apparent Dysfunction with DC Fill & Sign

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2019.021.20047 on Windows 10.

The Fill & Sign feature was working as desired until yesterday. Not aware of anything I've done to change configuration, except one possibility I'll mention after describing symptoms. What's happening now:

1. Open Document. Any document.
  2. Select Fill & Sign.
  3. Prompted with "Who needs to fill and sign?" Select "You" (i.e. me)
  4. Document displays with normal-looking Fill & Sign toolbar at top. Mouse cursor displayed over document is the text entry tool (I-beam with "AB"), as expected.
    Here's where the fun starts. Either:
  5. Click on the document. Cursor converts to I-beam. Anything typed does not display. -or-
    Attempt to drag my signature image into the document from the toolbar. When I attempt to select my signature from the Fill & Sign toolbar > Sign drop-down, the drop down menu disappears. Cursor goes to open-hand when I hover over my signature and pointing-hand when I attempt to select the signature. There is no indication on the document that I've dragged anything, and nothing displays in the document when I release the LMB.
  6. Document looks at this point like nothing has been filled or signed. Save document, close.
  7. Reopen document. Filled text and signature are displayed--but, of course, not correclty or in the desired place, because I had no on-screen feedback as to what/where I was typing/drag-and-dropping.

I've tried repairing DC from within the application, from the Windows Apps and Features settings. I've also uninstalled/reinstalled DC. No change in behavior. I've tested this behavior with the Adobe-provided Fill & Sign demo tutorial document and I'm getting the same behavior.

The afore-mentioned one thing I have done that could have somehow changed the configuration is that in the last day I have  opened PDF documentd that were generated in-house using Apache FOP from DocBook XML using XMLmind XML editor. Not sure how that could possibly relate to this, but it is the one thing I can think of that's changed.

TIA for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are unable to reproduce the issue at our end. Can you please provide the following details :

1. Does this issue happens on every PDF or some specific PDFs? Can you please share a sample PDF with us.

2. It will be great if you can share a small video reproducing the issue.

Regards,
Sandeep Grover

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Sandeep. Thank you for the reply. I've just now had occasion to try and reproduce the issue in the course of work and Acrobat DC appears to be working fine again. If the issue comes up again, I will certainly attach a video and sample PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines