Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application error AcroRd32.exe when opening my PDF file

Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its 3 days, when opening my PDF file I get an application error AcroRd32.exe and hence, can not print or do anything further. the pop up window then reads 0x341525c (sometimes this # is different) memory at 0x00000000 . The memory could not be read. How can this be fixed? I have uninstalled and re-insalled DC reader several times to no avail. Help please!
[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to Reader forum... Mod]
[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Hi alann67414266,

Try to follow the steps given below and see if that resolve the issue:

Locate Reader shortcut on desktop>right click>select Properties>Compatibility tab>uncheck the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for>then click Apply>OK

Could you please confirm the version of Reader DC installed on the machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alann67414266,

Try to follow the steps given below and see if that resolve the issue:

Locate Reader shortcut on desktop>right click>select Properties>Compatibility tab>uncheck the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for>then click Apply>OK

Could you please confirm the version of Reader DC installed on the machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alan,

I was having the exact same issue, which was making things a pain at work for the last couple weeks!  This easy fix took care of the issue right away, i appreciate the good advice!  Thanks and have a good one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue, AcroRD32.exe Bad Image every time I try to open a PDF file, with the difference from user alann67414266's issue being MSVCP120.dll (vs. MSVCP110) and error status 0xc000012f .  This occurred right after a Windows 10 update (regular update, not a version update from Windows 8, etc.), and is also making it to where I cannot open photographs.  The compatibility tab (showing grayed out for Windows 8 next to it) was already unchecked.

With the error I get a pop up Adobe Reader Protected Mode box with 3 options, none of which correct the issue and keep renewing the error/pop up box.

I accidentally hit the ok button in the error message a couple of times and a fatal error message opened stating Acrobat could not load it's core DLL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jims,

Could you please check if an update is pending for Reader by going to Help > Check for Updates.

If installing an update doesn't work, try enabling compatibility mode for Reader and see if that resolves the issue: under compatibility tab>check the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows 7/ Windows 8 from the drop-down > click Apply > OK and relaunch Reader.

If that doesn't work, try downloading Visual c++ using the link given below:

Error MSVCR110.dll opening Adobe Creative Cloud apps in Windows 10

Also, let us know the dot version of Reader installed on the machine. You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same problem as Jim above, having completed a windows update.  And none of the suggestions you made Shivam have rectified the problem.  To make matters worse I can't even find where Adobe is in the start menu or on a serach to try uninstalling and reinstalling.  Please help as this is causing problems for work.

Thanks

Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christine,

Please try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Reboot the machine if you haven't already and see if that works.

2- If it doesn't, locate Reader by pressing Windows icon on the keyboard > type reader and double-click Acrobat Reader in the search result.

If Reader ain't there in the search results, right-click Start menu > click apps & features(for Windows 10).

Click Acrobat Reader DC > Modify > click Repair installation. Reboot the machine after repair and try opening pdf again.

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

I had the same problem for days. I tried your method. It works!

Thanks so much

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I am facing the same situation where in the SYSTEM ERROR states as AcroRd32.exe. The program cant start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-!1-110.d!! is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Kindly help me in resolving this issue !!!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pravesh,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/error_on_launch.html

Check if that helps.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not Working.... 

And the application is still not opening

when ever i open the application AcroRD32.exe error popup

plzz help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines