Highlighted

Application Initialization Error when trying to download Adobe Reader

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a windows 10 all in one desktop computer.  I cannot open or read any PDF files.  I have tried turning off my Norton Security firewall and that does not resolve the issue.  The error message is very generic:  Application Initialization Error.  I have also tried to installing using Google Chrome but receive the same error message.  Microsoft said they cannot help me.  Adobe doesn't offer phone support for Adobe Reader.  Can someone please tell me what I can do to get this resolved??? It is extremely frustrating!

Hi ireneh3263308 ,

Try to download Adobe Reader from here : Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution , select your Operating System, Language and Version and Download .

Let us know if you face any issue downloading Adobe Reader .

Thank You!

Shivam

Topics

Download and install, View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Application Initialization Error when trying to download Adobe Reader

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a windows 10 all in one desktop computer.  I cannot open or read any PDF files.  I have tried turning off my Norton Security firewall and that does not resolve the issue.  The error message is very generic:  Application Initialization Error.  I have also tried to installing using Google Chrome but receive the same error message.  Microsoft said they cannot help me.  Adobe doesn't offer phone support for Adobe Reader.  Can someone please tell me what I can do to get this resolved??? It is extremely frustrating!

Hi ireneh3263308 ,

Try to download Adobe Reader from here : Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution , select your Operating System, Language and Version and Download .

Thank You!

Shivam

Topics

Download and install, View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ireneh3263308 ,

Thank You!

Shivam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this link and am still getting the error message.  Could you please help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had tried this link previously but received the same error message.  This time it worked!  Thank you so much!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Welcome!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just having the same error and this worked for me too.  Thx!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having same problem and tried this link again but no luck!

Same error message pops up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC