Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application Initialization Error when trying to download Adobe Reader

Aug 07, 2016 Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a windows 10 all in one desktop computer.  I cannot open or read any PDF files.  I have tried turning off my Norton Security firewall and that does not resolve the issue.  The error message is very generic:  Application Initialization Error.  I have also tried to installing using Google Chrome but receive the same error message.  Microsoft said they cannot help me.  Adobe doesn't offer phone support for Adobe Reader.  Can someone please tell me what I can do to get this resolved??? It is extremely frustrating!

TOPICS
Download and install , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Hi ireneh3263308 ,

Try to download Adobe Reader from here : Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution , select your Operating System, Language and Version and Download .

Let us know if you face any issue downloading Adobe Reader .

Thank You!

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Hi Elishevam,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please try installing the Acrobat Reader DC from the following page: https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/.

If you get any error messages, please share the screenshot with us.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ireneh3263308 ,

Try to download Adobe Reader from here : Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution , select your Operating System, Language and Version and Download .

Let us know if you face any issue downloading Adobe Reader .

Thank You!

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this link and am still getting the error message.  Could you please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I already installed Adobe Reader and it works for easy things such as opening a PDF and allowing certain functions, but it does not allow electronic signatures; and for any older PDF copies I have, I cannot modify the signature because it says: I do not have permission.

Is there any recommendations for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had tried this link previously but received the same error message.  This time it worked!  Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just having the same error and this worked for me too.  Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having same problem and tried this link again but no luck!

Same error message pops up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hii Shivam,

I cant download from the link you provided. i have also disabeled my anti virus still i cant download it .

can you please help me with it?

Niket .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this! It worked on my Windows 10 - Dell Laptop.

I have been trying to install from the original website but to my dismay it kept on showing "application initialization error" at the end. I even uninstalled my Norton antivirus to install the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. 

Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a pdf document that i cannot open

i tried to download adobe reader and receive and error to install

what can i do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elishevam,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please try installing the Acrobat Reader DC from the following page: https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/.

If you get any error messages, please share the screenshot with us.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was ready to take a hammer when I've seen this post. Download it, intall it...GREAT! IS WORKING! 

Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You So Much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried downloading the file from the files that admin provided, however I always get the same message: 

indoboy36_0-1682923962341.png

please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same error like @indoboy36, can someone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump, I have that error too even when I ensured the website was my country's one it displayed this as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi indoboy36Patryk29670788d9gq and Ng29671835d4st,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this.

The links where you can download the Acrobat and Reader installers are currently experiencing issues. As a result, when you try to access those URLs, you may encounter 401 errors, and the installers are unavailable for download. This situation affects all the workflows that rely on obtaining the Acrobat and Reader installers. Rest assured that we are actively working on resolving this problem. We apologize for any frustration this may have caused.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please do, I am facing the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long can it take to restart file servers so that the installers are available? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was just trying to download and it still isn't working for me, I'm getting 404 errors. Could you let us know if it will be solved during today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, I have the same issue. The web installer always fails with the "application initialization error", the direct download returns 404. This is weird that the release team can not check download links for correctness automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the same problem earlier but now i can download & install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience so far.

The issue has been resolved now. Please try to download and install the Acrobat Reader application.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines