• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

April 2019 Reader DC update fails

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The automatic update has failed twice. I currently have Reader DC version 19.010.20098, which installed automatically 2/27/2019. I tried installing the latest version directly from the Adobe website and that also failed. I tried uninstalling the version currently on my computer and get error message "Uninstallation of the patch package is not supported." When I looked at installed updates I see the exact same version of Reader DC listed; uninstallation of the update is also not possible. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 10.017134 64 bit. At a loss as to what else to try; thanks for any assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Hello Ginnyb,

We're sorry for the trouble you had while updating Adobe Reader DC to the latest version. Please reboot the machine once and check for any pending updates of Windows 10 once from Control panel, and install the updates (Mandatory + optional). Reboot the machine and Repair Adobe Reader from help menu>select Repair installation.

Reboot the machine again and try updating Adobe Reader from help menu>select check for updates.

If you experience any issue, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ginnyb,

We're sorry for the trouble you had while updating Adobe Reader DC to the latest version. Please reboot the machine once and check for any pending updates of Windows 10 once from Control panel, and install the updates (Mandatory + optional). Reboot the machine and Repair Adobe Reader from help menu>select Repair installation.

Reboot the machine again and try updating Adobe Reader from help menu>select check for updates.

If you experience any issue, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove install Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool did the trick! I was able to uninstall the version that would not allow the update, then install the latest version. Very happy to have this problem resolved--many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines