• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arabic language support

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem when I want to write some words in the Arabic language. After typing the words and save the pdf file and open it again, all the words are displayed in reversed order and separated.

The example:

السلام

but the Adobe displays the word like this: م ا ل س ل ا

I'm using Adobe dc and the option right to left is enabled.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

As you noticed, you can type Arabic well in the Fill & Sign environment, however once you exit the environment back to the document level workspace, your Arabic text which you typed in the Fill & Sign becomes disjointed.

This is a known bug in Acrobat/Reader. You may vote here to fix the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Essa,

Adobe Acrobat supports Arabic language within many features but not all. However, the support for Arabic is still not available and it is stil under review.

You can try the workaround suggested in the similar discussion- Arabic PDF characters are disjointed and reversed!

Also see- How do I extract Arabic Text using Acrobat DC? 

Hope this will help a bit.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read the discussion but there is no solution. I would to recommend using Adobe reader XI because i try it and it works fine with arbic language by using the language pack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

مرحبا

Which feature in Acrobat are you using to type/edit text? Is this Acrobat Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Im using sign and fill. Its just to add text and you can not edit it directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you noticed, you can type Arabic well in the Fill & Sign environment, however once you exit the environment back to the document level workspace, your Arabic text which you typed in the Fill & Sign becomes disjointed.

This is a known bug in Acrobat/Reader. You may vote here to fix the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have Adobe Reader DC and I have a problem when I want to write some words in the Arabic language. After typing the words and save the pdf file and open it again, all the words are displayed in reversed order and separated.

The example:

السلام

but the Adobe displays the word like this: م ا ل س ل ا

And I cant solve this problem.

could you please help me to solve this problem.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I'm using Acrobat proffessional and if i write in initial two words in arabic after first space the letters disappeared from first word !

Is there any solution for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I start editing the text it damage it text as well when I convert it to .doc file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a temporary solution. Initials in arabic show up correctly. So add initials with whatever you want to fill then delete those initials and add another initial for each field you need filled in Arabic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this Greate Solution. I don't know why Adobe is ignoring the Arabic language until now. For years and years, they keep saying under analysis and development. Strange.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

سلام عليكم  Ø§Ù„برنامج لايعمل لدي بالغة العربية 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines