• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attach pdf to email

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 and eM Client.  The latter is set as my default email client.  If I have a PDF open in Reader and click to attach it to an email it refers to my default email client as being Outlook but I do not have Outlook installed.  Consequently, if I try to send an email it generates an error message.  Is there a solution to this please? 

[I am new to W10 - I never had this problem with W7.  I notice that under the preferences there is a setting for adding email accounts but wasn't sure if this was anything to do with the issue.  Also, I am a bit wary of putting my password in.]

TOPICS
Share or review PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Yes. You found the area where you need to add your default email handler. If you do not do that, Windows will assume Outlook to be the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You found the area where you need to add your default email handler. If you do not do that, Windows will assume Outlook to be the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks graffiti, I'll give it a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent. Be sure and come back to let us know how it went.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All good now, thanks for your help graffiti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I can insert myself with a follow-up question though... I'm not sure what you mean when you say "You found the area where you add your default email handler." There's nothing there about email handler, it's just email accounts. If it defaults to Outlook, as you say, and which is in fact the email handler I want to use, why do I keep getting "An error occurred while sending mail" before I can even choose the account I want to use? I don't see anywhere to actually specify the mail handler; only the email account(s) to be used. Am I missing something? I've never been able to use this function. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines