Highlighted

Audio comment function not working

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I downloaded the last version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC today. When I try to record an audio comment, it's not working. I can record it, my mic is working, but i can't hear it after. I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm on Windows 10. Thank you. 

Topics

Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audio comment function not working

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I downloaded the last version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC today. When I try to record an audio comment, it's not working. I can record it, my mic is working, but i can't hear it after. I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm on Windows 10. Thank you. 

Topics

Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

In Adobe Reader, commenting tools are available only in PDFs that have commenting enabled. PDFs in a review workflow typically include commenting rights.

I guess you have followed the exact same steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/commenting-pdfs.html#add_an_audio_comment

If this doesn't help then,

Navigate to Acrobat Reader>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup", "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Reader>reopen the file and check back.
Note: these changes are only for testing purpose. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm doing the exact same steps as your link. Also, when I record it and i press Play I can hear the record. 

APOP5E7C_0-1600441871764.png

But there, even if I double click of if I press on "Play File", I can't hear the record. 

APOP5E7C_2-1600441929870.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
APOP5E7C LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also disabled Protected Mode at Startup and it's still not working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC