• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aug 11 release slow to shut down after printing

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this on 2 Windows 10 64-bit computers running on virtual machines with the Aug 11 release of Reader DC

After printing the PDF to a physical or pdf printer, I use the 'x' at the top right to shut down (one document open).  I then see an icon which looks like a wrist watch.  I see the icon for about a second on a one page document and on longer documents it shows beyond my patience (at least 15 seconds).  Repeated selection of the Windows close icon may close or eventually bring up Windows End Task dialog.  Is anyone else seeing this problem?

From what my users are telling me, the print progress bar is also much slower than usual.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe

We are sorry for the trouble. As described its taking long time to close the document on the virtual machine.

Is the issue also exists on the actual Windows 10 machine or is it only limited to the virtual machine?

We have release a new optional update for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC version 20.12.20043. Please update the application from the help menu > check for updates and see if that makes any difference.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have not tested it on a non-VM connection. I just tried it again,
and it is updating automatically so it was at 20.12.20043. Same symptom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested it on a desktop and it seemed to work as expected.  It shut down quickly with and without printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am sorry for the delay in response. As desribed it worked as expected on desktop but shut down quickly with or without printing.

Please try to turn off the protected mode for testing purposes. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup', turn off the protected mode and unchek the enhanced security > Click ok and reboot the computer.

Note: Turning off the security may possess security risks, please turn on the security after testing.

Also, please take alook at the steps provided in the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a delay because the users only print large documents every 2 weeks.  This is still a *huge* issue.

I took your advice above, no joy.  The page you refered me to is for the pro version and the first thing it mentions is updating to latest version.  It's the latest version that started the problem.

So, how do I roll back without automatic updates until this is truly fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still exists.

Please try to repair the installation (for Windows Only) and see if that makes any difference. Go to Help > Repair Installation

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the preferences to default as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that makes any difference.

Also, would you mind sharing the sample PDF file so that we can check it at our end.

Please upload the file to the document cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ , generate the link and share it with us.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines