• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autocomplete still working after disabling in preferences

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autocomplete is giving my users two headaches after the latest update. We are on version 2019.010.20064.

The first issue is that autocomplete is resizing the zoom level of the document (sometimes to as small as 5%) making it impossible to see what is being typed.

To fix this, I would like to disable autocomplete altogether. However, when I disable it in preferences, nothing actually changes, autocomplete still functions as normal and even continues to add data to its list!

1.JPG

Is this a bug or is there another way to disable autocomplete? Better yet, is there a way to stop autocomplete from resizing the view of the document?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Hi nickm11097162​,

You can disable auto-complete list.

Following are the steps:

1. Login to https://cloud.acrobat.com/ with same id you logged in on Reader/Acrobat.
  2. Click on your name in top right corner , drop down list will appear. Then click on ‘Settings’.
  3. Now, a dialog will appear. You can uncheck 1st option "Suggest words or phrases..".
  4. Press Done. Your settings will get saved.

Thanks

Sanchi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

autocomplete doesn't change the view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It absolutely, 100% does. The autocomplete box with suggested text changes the zoom level of the document to accommodate the length of the suggested text. If you delete characters and enter new text it zooms out further. Example video below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the autocomplete of form fields. It is a new feature of Fill & Sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you for the clarification, but that still doesn't answer my question(s). Is there a way to turn that feature off? I can't find any setting that relates to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't disable this in the preferences of Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nickm11097162​,

You can disable auto-complete list.

Following are the steps:

1. Login to https://cloud.acrobat.com/ with same id you logged in on Reader/Acrobat.
  2. Click on your name in top right corner , drop down list will appear. Then click on ‘Settings’.
  3. Now, a dialog will appear. You can uncheck 1st option "Suggest words or phrases..".

Thanks

Sanchi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a response for the 2023 version below in the posts if this isn't working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Referencing this post:

Re: PDF shrinks

Adobe acknowledges that this is an issue when there is no one signed in to Adobe Reader so the "cloud" fix is not an option for this.  Looks like they are working on a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this fix. It still auto completes every sentence we try to type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the fix and it worked, only the website seems to have changed since the original post in 2018:

1. Login to acrobat.adobe.com with same ID you logged in on Reader/Acrobat.
  5. **Important** close Adobe and re-open it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This was exactly what I needed to do to keep previous information from showing up on my forms. I create instructional videos, and the superfluous information was certainly a distraction and a frustration. This worked, and the dreaded white boxes with suggestions are gone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend "clear suggestions" as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, my name / avatar is not visible on acrobat.adobe.com, thought I'm logged in on my adobe account. I can't find the settings you refer to. Has the website changed again or am I something missing here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved: I didn't enabe javascript due to the NoScript plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me. I was using a corporate version that had no cloud ablity on it. I had to go into each field and delete the autocorrect data one field at a time. Super annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a problem as of Dec 2022. I cannot delete the "Fill & Sign" saved texts. Two texts (that I had copied and pasted) are so long that I cannot scroll to the right and find the X checkmark to delete them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this is terrible. I filled out some personal forms accidentally logged in to my work account, and now... these personal things will pop up forever? This is a personal information security nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No kidding, I'm a counselor and other people's answers to mental health assessments are popping up where the new assessee can see previous responses that include things like names and dates. I literally am not able to use it right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines