• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic update for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you set up Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for notification of a new update?  Adobe Support tells me to go to Edit and then Preferences but I don't see any way to set this up.

DonB

[Moved from “Acrobat” to “Acrobat Reader” by moderator.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to "Mode" registry value described in this article-

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/index.html

Select Updater-Win in the table of contents on the left when you open the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will update anyway without asking so notifications not relevant. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused by this reply.  Today, I just happened to go the Help tab and clicked on Check for Updates and Adobbe Acrobat came back and said that there was an update available.  I have no idea on how long that update was available but it certainly didn't automatically and I received no notification that such an update was available.

DonB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand this reply.  Does this mean I have to edit the Windows Registry to enable automatic updating of Adobe Acrobat

Reader?

DonB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are number of reasons why update is available, but not yet installed automatically.

Check the registry value Mode using the link I provided. If Mode set to 3, it is fully automatic mode.

If you havn't installed update yet, restart PC, wait for approximately 30 minutes (do not launch any applications, especially Acrobat, Outlook, Browsers..) and check for updates again from Acrobat Help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear LeoAdobeX,

Thank you for your response.  I went into Regedit and verified that the mode was set to 3 which as I understand it from your reply, means that my Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is set for automatic updates and does not require a manual update check.  I can't explain what happened when I manually clicked on Check for Updates under Help and Adobe came back and said that there was an update available and I manually updated the program.  Is it possible that I didn't wait long enough between when the update was available and when it would have been automatically installed?  I am accepting the operation of Adobe's Reader, automatic or manual, because you are starting to talk over my head.  I have never done a Regedit and from what I understand, unless you know what you're doing (like me), you can really mess up your computer operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines