• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Barcode not showing up

New Here ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am trying to fill an application for  canadian visitor visa using adobe reader dc. After filling the application when I click on Validate, it do validate but the barcodes which are supposed to be shown are not appearing although my javascript settings are on

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Hi all,

There is one concern if the file is created using LiveCycle Designer.

How to check, open PDF file with a barcode in Reader/Acrobat, File>Properties> General, under Description tab of "Document Properties" Windows, Check "Application:" and "PDF Producer:"

The form needs to be reader extended through LiveCycle Reader Extension Server for paper form Barcodes to work in Adobe Reader.

The Reader Extensions function in Acrobat Professional does not include enabling an interactive PDF form for the

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dharamjeet ,

Could you please tell me that the bar codes you are talking about are present on the form only that are not showing up .Is that that you are referring to ?

Also let me know the OS you work on ?

Are you trying to fill the form using Reader or Acrobat .The reason being Reader is generally preferred to view and read PDF' .

This could be the reason that the bar code are not showing up .You need certain Reader extensions to edit the PDF .

If possible please share the file with us so that we can review at our end and assist you accordingly .

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sukrit,

No its not the barcode on the form. It's a canadian embassy form. When you

have completely fill the form, then you press the validate button shown on

the form. Pressing the validate button shall generate barcodes on an extra

page. In my case the page is generated but without any barcodes on it. I

checked the preferences and my javascript is on. I am working on MAC-OS. I

am using the latest version of Adobe Acrobat DC. I am attaching the

unfilled file which I downloaded from cic.gc.ca (canadian embassy). You

need to fill the form before you can validate and check whether the barcode

generates on your side.

This is the link where I downloaded this form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp?countrySelect=IN#applications

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am having the same issue and the only way I could get the barcodes to appear was to open the forms with Acrobat Reader in Windows (through Parallels).  It seems to be a problem with Adobe Reader running on MAC OSX.

Rgds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dharamjeet,

I am facing a similar issue, I dont see a 'validation' button on the form. I need to submit the form in a couple of days. Tried all the help available on internet but no luck. Any help is highly appreciated.

Mangesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What application are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Reader XI(11.0.10).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2016 Apr 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you going to reply to this question? I'm having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

am desperately looking for a solution same issue as yours, CIC Generic Application for Permanent Resident Application, after filling up the form and hitting VALIDATE barcodes won't show up, pages will be created thou...

Using MacBook Pro OS x Version 10.11.4 El Capitan

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Release 2015

Version 2015.016.20039

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 15.16.20039.185268

AGM: 4.30.63

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.2.36256

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2016 May 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We shall let those people in the CIC beware of this issue in case of getting us applicants misunderstood by them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, where can I have this extension?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any update on the Adobe Acrobat Versions to fix the barcode on the forms? Is there anyway this can be fixed at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. this is so frustrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should all report it as a bug, here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the some problem with Adobe Reader (Mac and Windows).

Uninstall the new version and install previous version Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Macintosh

It worked for me

Cheers,

Wellington

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You rock ...it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for suggesting "downgrading" Adobe Reader. As soon as I print this immigration form, it's getting "downgraded" right off my computer.

Apparently, the Government of Canada agrees with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug of the Mac version of the most recent Acrobat Reader DC and I already asked one of Adobe staff to forward my following bug report to the Acrobat team.

I confirmed the document "IMM5709E.pdf" offered by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada could trigger this bug. When you fill out everything required in this PDF and validate it, the 6th page will be generated. However, the 6th page shows no barcodes when being displayed and printed through the Mac version of the most recent Acrobat Reader DC. The "IMM5709E.pdf" is downloadable from CIC official website when you are applying for a study permit in Canada.

This issue does harm to any of CIC's offline applicants who are using OS X (at least El Capitan), leading to possible loss of trust from Canadian Custom House.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

am desperately looking for a solution same issue as yours, CIC Generic Application for Permanent Resident Application, after filling up the form and hitting VALIDATE barcodes won't show up, pages will be created thou...

Using MacBook Pro OS x Version 10.11.4 El Capitan

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Release 2015

Version 2015.016.20039

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 15.16.20039.185268

AGM: 4.30.63

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.2.36256

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same as my problem :(((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Quinnn,

We are sorry to hear this, have you tried the solution provided at the start of this forum thread conversation on the first page?

Open the PDF file in Adobe Reader, not on the browser.

Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed on the machine, check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating the Reader.

Is it a Mac or Windows machine? What is the version of the operating system installed?

What is the dot version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Note: Adobe does not recommend to install an older version of Adobe Reader or Acrobat. As older versions are declared as End of support and an end of life product. End of Support means that Adobe no longer provides technical support or distributes runtimes. This policy affects product and security updates for all derivatives of a product or product version (localized versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products).

For detailed information, refer to Adobe article End of support for Adobe Acrobat XI and Reader XI

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2016 May 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, I use MacOSX El Capitan. I used Adobe Acrobat XI v11.0.16, it worked for me.

Right click on the file -> Open With -> Adobe Acrobat XI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading a lot of different stuff on this issue, I deleted all Adobe in my macbook. Then installed a version that is dated about the same date as my mac (2012). I downloaded that form again, dummy filled it, and validated it. I have barcodes. Very frustrating but finally solved. I still cannot open the link directly though. Must download it then open it. Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was experiencing the same issue with my CA permit extension application. I completed the secure doc in Acrobat Reader, tried to validate -- worked but no visible barcodes -- then after struggling for way too long, closed the app and opened my completed doc in Acrobat Pro and hit the "validate" button. It instantly re-validated my permit application and populated visible barcodes! Yay! Give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this was posted in May, and Adobe still has not fixed it, through at least a half-dozen updates over at least six months!

Why do we have to put up with this crap?

Oh, I forgot. Adobe sold governments a tall tale that they could not deliver on.

Canada and California and others might just as well have a big sign that says, "Non-Microsoft users are not welcome here!"

Adobe wants to be Microsoft when it grows up: arrogant, imperious, un-responsive, and more interested in defending its turf than in providing value to customers.

I will have no Adobe software on my computer! As soon as I complete these immigration forms for a friend, Adobe Reader gets nuked. Apple Preview is "good enough" for me — until another un-witting government that was falsely promised a platform-independent solution by Adobe drops another barcode form on me…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines