• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Barcode not showing up

New Here ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am trying to fill an application for  canadian visitor visa using adobe reader dc. After filling the application when I click on Validate, it do validate but the barcodes which are supposed to be shown are not appearing although my javascript settings are on

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Hi all,

There is one concern if the file is created using LiveCycle Designer.

How to check, open PDF file with a barcode in Reader/Acrobat, File>Properties> General, under Description tab of "Document Properties" Windows, Check "Application:" and "PDF Producer:"

The form needs to be reader extended through LiveCycle Reader Extension Server for paper form Barcodes to work in Adobe Reader.

The Reader Extensions function in Acrobat Professional does not include enabling an interactive PDF form for the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too sad to see Adobe Acrobat team still failed to get this troubleshooted in public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug is with Mac OS El Capitan & Acrobat DC as suggested by many users.

Reported to CIC & is aware of this bug see link: After clicking the Validate button on my visa application form nothing happens and I don’t see the b...

Turning JavaScript on/off is not helping either, have not tried using external JavaScript.

Current option is to Downgrade to Acrobat XI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution to Government of Canada forms not creating barcodes from a Mac computer:

• you must use an early version of Acrobat Reader (version 11). Get it here: Download and install an older version of Adobe Reader on Mac OS

And a comment to the Government of Canada: Are you freakin' kidding me? Really and truly, it's SO easy to create documents that actually work for people, instead of wasting their freakin' time on your bureaucratic, unhelpful, bull-oney. Cheeses Murphy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually Adobe's fault... Reader DC is buggy when it comes to LCD forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@alexg90077583On point, man. I've been struggling not only with this but about other stuff. Awful user experience. Would be better to just return to print-scanned forms that have to deal with this ¬¬ ...I cannot even imagine how is for the people who are not familiarized with this kind of software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here

worst software I've ever used in my life!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this has not been answered. There hasn't been a response since 2015 from the staff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still having the same problem in 2017, seems like it will never be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This company, ADOBE, is a public menace and should NEVER be used by governments.  Let's start a campaign to ensure the Canadian government does not repeat its mistake.  A nice class action against Adobe for all the time we poor users have WASTED on its crappy utilities might also help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downgraded to a lower version of Adobe and the barcode loaded fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The downgrade worked for me. 

Why Adobe can't fix this after many many months is inexplicable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have entered a Reply saying it worked.There was no Correct button to click.Really.

To: Michael Spencer <mspen99@yahoo.com>

Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 2:48 AM

Subject: Barcode not showing up

Barcode not showing up

created by ankurk30913396 in Acrobat Reader - View the full discussionI downgraded to a lower version of Adobe and the barcode loaded fine. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9791121#9791121 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9791121#9791121 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Acrobat Reader by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624. This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guys i have a question regarding the barcode and the validate button.. its not appear on the form itself how can i fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem.

There are 2 solutions, actually, workarounds:

1. using a Windows PC. I tried win7 + latest acrobat reader dc, the barcode in the very same pdf file can show up and be printed correctly.

2. using an older version of acrobat reader. In my case, with RMBP 2013 late with macOS 10.12.6, i download the acrobat reader 11.0.0, the barcode can show up. Yon can download this version from the very same website where you downloaded the acrobat reader dc, and select mac OS version as 10.9.

Both methods work for me and hope they work for you, too.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

There is one concern if the file is created using LiveCycle Designer.

How to check, open PDF file with a barcode in Reader/Acrobat, File>Properties> General, under Description tab of "Document Properties" Windows, Check "Application:" and "PDF Producer:"

The form needs to be reader extended through LiveCycle Reader Extension Server for paper form Barcodes to work in Adobe Reader.

The Reader Extensions function in Acrobat Professional does not include enabling an interactive PDF form for the PaperFormsBarcode object.

The barcode turns grey in Reader because the form does not have the barcode right. On the other hand, any version of Acrobat provides barcode encoding. If you want to distribute a barcoded form to Reader users, you must use LiveCycle Reader Extensions to apply a barcode right.

Reference article for more details: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/11.0/DesignerHelp/WS92d06802c76abadb-39e0256b129b8b00b71-7f76....

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did your second option exactly same with a completely new document but still the same problem. I will go with Windows next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution helped me fix the problem ! thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried with Acrobat Pro X in OSX, Acrobat Pro X in Windows, Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat Pro Dc... still no barcodes. File validates, yes, but no barcodes. The most absurd thing is that you have to upgrade your Reader in order to read the file and then downgrade in order to validate it properly. Nice job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having the same question!!!

macOS 10.13.5, 

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2018.011.20040.

The same pdf file can be viewed with correct barcodes in Acrobat Reader on Windows.

The first post about this issue is about "May 1, 2015 8:51 PM", i still have this issue in 2018!!!

From 2015 to 2018, the same issue still remains. Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Asking the same question multiple times will not result in a different answer, which is that this not a bug. It's done on purpose.

If you don't like it you can ask Adobe to change it (they changed similar things in the past, so it's possible they'll listen): Acrobat for Windows and Mac: Top (1493 ideas) – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines