Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Belgium e-ID signature - second signature not visible

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

We have a major issue here, as in Belgium (we are a municipality) specific documents have to be signed with the Belgium e-ID. We know this proces, as we have been doing this for a number of years now. Our Mayor and General Director are having significant issues with this now, and we are not alone, so it seems. As of quite recently (probably due to some updates) we are noticing significant behavioral changes.

The normal proces is - our Mayor does this one time, then our General Director opens the saved document from the Mayor, and also signs:

1. Open the PDF you wish to digitally sign
  2. Click Tools --> Certificates to show the certificates toolbar
  3. Click the button 'Sign digitally' and draw a rectangle where you want the signature to appear
  4. Adobe Reader show a selection box to choose the digital signature you wish to use, we select the one we need and click Continue
  5. The signature is visually presented on screen, we do not make any changes (we do not select 'Lock document after signing') and click 'Sign'
  6. Adobe Reader asks in a dialog box to save the PDF under a new name, which we do and click Save
  7. Adobe asks for the e-ID pincode, and we click OK
  8. The signature is visually presented within the PDF

The proces above has worked well for years - no significant problems to report. But for a week of three now, we are presented with these issues:

Issue number 1:

7. Adobe Reader asks in a dialog box to save the PDF under a new name, which we do and click Save

8. Adobe asks for the e-ID pincode, and we click OK

9. Adobe crashes, shuts down completely - event ID 1000 is entered in the event log (AcroRd32.exe crash on Windows.UI.XamlHost.dll)

Issue number 2:

7. Adobe Reader asks in a dialog box to save the PDF under a new name, which we do and click Save

8. Adobe asks for the e-ID pincode, and we click OK

9. The PDF shows, but the signature is not visually present (nothing to see, the first signature is visible, it's always the second one)

To elaborate a bit on this:

• Initially i assumed this issue was only presented on RDS, we have an RDS 2016 environment. It's not, it is also happening on desktop PC's/laptops.
  • In testing i always started from te clean 'Welcome' PDF available upon starting Adobe Reader DC for the first time. While testing, in terms of numbers we can say that in every 2 trial run, one trial run show either error 1 or error 2
  • Obvious: but our environment is using the latest Adobe Reader DC, all on Windows 10 or RDS 2016. On PC and on RDS all systems are patched up to date. All drivers have been double checked.
  • I have noticed the same behaviour regardless of the desktop i'm using

Because of the critical character of this issue for legal documents, i'm willing to show this behaviour directly (through Teamviewer of GotoAssist or any tool you wish to use).

Thanks in advance to look into this issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing while using Adobe Acrobat Reader.

I would request you to kindly share the Crash dumps when Reader Crashes for you.

Here is how you can collect the crash dump :

When Reader Crashes (If you get this error message "Adobe Reader has stopped working") , Can you please share with us the Crash Logs .

For Getting the Crash Logs:

a.      When Acrobat Reader Crashes , Open Windows Task Manager

b.      -> Got To Processes, There you can see a process "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" / AcroRd32.exe

c.      Right Click on this process and click "Create Dump File"

d.      Dump file will be created in the Temp folder of user (as specified on the dialog you get after creating dump files).

e.      Save this DMP file on any Cloud Storage and Share the link for that with us on mail at absethi@adobe.com

We will try to analyze your issue on priority once you share this information with us.

Thanks,

Abhinav Sethi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It is not easy to take a crash dump Abhinav, as Acrobat Reader completely crashes and shuts down on me. As the crash happens, Task Manager does not show any active AcroRd32.exe... so i cannot take a dump file from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please try dump using the following

Install windows Debugger

http://download.microsoft.com/download/A/6/A/A6AC035D-DA3F-4F0C-ADA4-37C8E5D34E3D/setup/WinSDKDebugg...

To make Windbg default debugger:

- …\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)\windbg -I

Open Reader. Perform you operation. When Application crashed Debugger opens.

Create Dump using .dump /mfh Location/myfile.dmp

Save this DMP file on any Cloud Storage and Share the link for that with us on mail at absethi@adobe.com

Uninstall Debugger after that

Thanks,

Abhinav Sethi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you sir,

But we have taken a different, alternative approach with Foxit reader that works perfectly, specifically for digitally signing PDF. Thanks for the effort, but going down the route to debugging is probably a longer, and technically challenging one.

Thanks, but this issue can be closed.

With regards,

Sven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines