• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Rectangle Highlighting Words While Reading PDF's

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched the internet significantly to find anyone with this same issue, using all kinds of different searches, and I cannot find anything about this. Maybe I'm just not using the right language. I don't know how else to describe it. 

Sometimes while I'm looking at documents in Acrobat Reader, it will start randomly highlighting words with a black rectangle (or a dark blue one when it's going over a section I've highlighted). It will move through a paragraph or so, highlighting the words one at a time in order. If I try to scroll away from the moving black box, Acrobat Reader will automatically and immediately move the screen back to where it's highlighting text, so I have to wait until it stops in order to continue reading the document. 

I am in university; I have to read PDF's all the time for school, and this is driving me a little bit nuts. It's incredibly distracting to suddenly find the page moving without my input. Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening? Please?

TOPICS
View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to include the photo in the original post, but it attached it only as a downloadable link. Here you can see a word highlighted by the dark rectangle. If it were real time, the rectangle would move from the word "identity" to the word "as" then "the" and so on

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Channa

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting a black box on the highlighted text in a PDF.

Would you mind sharing the verison of the Acrobat Reader DC you are using? to check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20048 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

If that doesn't work, select Edit menu>Preferences>Page Display>Rendering>Smooth Text>select None from the drop down options>OK and reboot the application and check again.

If it still doesn't work, please try to repair installation from the help menu (Windows only) and reboot the computerand check again.

If it still doesn't work, pleae try to reset the preferences to default as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I tried these. I also uninstalled Adobe and reinstalled it and the issue is still happening. Any thoughts?

still an issue.pngstill.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the delay in response.

If it issue still persists, would you mind sharing the video recording of the workflow/steps you are doing that leads you to this issue.

Also please share the PDF file with us for testing. Please upload the file to the docuement cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ , generate the link and share that link with us.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Please upload the file to the docuement cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ , generate the link and share that link with us."

It's easier now, you just have to click the "Share A Link To This File" icon:

share-link

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/sharing-pdfs.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will do my best to upload a video; it seems to happen randomly though. 

Its happening on almost every PDF I open, so it's not limited to one file, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A similar problem also almost drove me crazy.
In fact it is the Pad of my laptop which remained "stuck" in the clicked position, randomly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I am on a desktop, so I don't think that's my issue! Thank you for the suggestion though 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines