• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

blank pop-up window freezes application

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last couple of days, whenever I try to use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (version 19.012.20040) on my Macbook Air (MacOS Catalina, version 10.15.2), I've suddenly started getting a blank pop-up window appearing on top of the main Adobe window. Once the pop-up window appears (2-3 seconds after the application is launched), the application is frozen, the window can't be closed, and the only way to escape is to force-quit the application. This happens whether I try to open a specific document (any of several) or just launch the application itself, no specific document. My pdf files open fine in Mac Preview. Any ideas of what's going on, or how to solve it?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Mac , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JohnE

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (version 19.012.20040) is freezing on Mac OS Catalina. 

You are using an old version of the application and it is not supported on Mac OS Catalina, please try the following steps:

For more information, you may refer to the help articles listed below:

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal. Although the problem went away a day or so after I submitted the post, it still seemed like a good idea to get the updated version of Acrobat Reader DC. So, I used the Acrobat Cleaner you recommended, then re-downloaded Acrobat Reader DC. Now the problem has returned, in slightly different form: When I launch the application, I can use it to open an existing document, but any other actions (including just clicking on "Acrobat Reader" in the menu bar to check the version #) causes the everlasting spinning color wheel. Any further ideas?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, 

I am sorry to hear that the issue reappeared. Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012) and try using the application there and check for the issue. 

You may also refer to the steps provided in the help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html) and see if that works for you

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amal. Once again, the problem seems to have gone away after a few days. I don't know why, but this time I think I'll leave well enough alone. If it reappears, I will do as you suggest. - John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey John

We are glad to hear that the issue got resolved.

Feel free to contact us for any further assistance required in the future.

Regards 

Amal 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines