Can ARM folders be deleted?

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 2.8 GB of ARM files on my computer.  They are located in C:/ProgramData/Adobe/ARM/ and are in folders from previous versions (Reader_10.0.1, Reader_10.1.4, Reader_10.1.5, Reader_10.1.6, and Reader_10.1.7,).  I need the space (it's a 40GB drive with less than 2GB free space).  Can any or all of these files/folders be deleted?

We are currently running Reader 10.1.7 and 2.7GB of the files mentioned above are in the folder "Reader_10.0.1"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Community Beginner , Jun 13, 2013
ChrisSlovacek Community Beginner , Jun 13, 2013
There were 1,668 folders whose path began with "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\ARM\Reader_10.0.1\" each of which contain the files AcrobatUpdater.exe, AdobeARM.exe, AdobeExtractFiles.dll, and ReaderUpdater.exe.  Each of these folders are around 1,805,080 bytes.Over all there were 5003 directories and 6645 files taking up 2,989,359,555 bytes!  In a command prompt window, I navigated to "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\ARM" and then ran the command "dir /s >arm.txt".  When I open it up in Excel, it is an astounding 18...

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ARM is Reader and Acrobat Updater.

This folder is for downloaded Updates.

After Updates are installed, ARM suppose to delete them.

All Reader Updates combined cannot be as big as you mentioned.

Can you provide a list of files that are there? Maybe just a names of a few biggest files