• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not comment on document

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am revising a document for an author. They created the document in PDF pro, and have given permision for me to comment on the document. However, whever I save the document as a new one and then try to reopen the document I saved, then I get this error. I am using Adobe Acrobate Reader DC. 

"This document enabled extended features in Adobe Acrobat Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact the author for the original version of this document."

Any help would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Share or review PDFs , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the message saids, the document has been changed since the Reader Extension where applied to it. This may be caused accidently by an compressing error through an e-mail application or so. There's nothing you can do about this in Acrobat Reader. Ask the author to send you the form again but packed in a ZIP file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work. Here are the steps taken. 1. Download and unpack the ZIP
file. 2. Open and comment on the new file. 3. Save the file using the "save
as" function to a new file. 4. Close and reopen, and get the same message
and not have access to the commenting function.

Larry

--
Larry A. Mullins
larrymullins@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do a double check the file on another computer. If the error message also appears there the root of all evil propably lays on the senders site. Since the authors generally using Acrobat Pro they do not recognise problems with the Reader Extension in PDFs as those are only checked by Acrobat Reader. Ask him to apply the Reader Extensions again and resend the file to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines