• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can not install Adobe Reader get message newer version is already installed

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to install Adobe Reader on a my computer .  Installation fails with the message a newer version already installed. I had Adobe Reader 11 but apparently auto update saw there was a new version and uninstalled Adobe reader 11 and tried to installed Adobe Reader DC.  Any ideas on how to get this installed

TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

I tried everything else I could find on the web, including changing root user, all to no avail.

Then it struck me - was the 'higher version' in the trash!

Of course, I had not emptied the trash after uninstalling the previous version, so it was still there. When I emptied the trash, the new version downloaded fine!!

Problem solved, after 2 hours of fiddling - and all because Adobe did not factor this into their programming!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Zifizi,

We are sorry for the trouble you had, make sure that you have all the updates related to the operating system installed, check for any pending updates from Control Panel, install them and reboot the machine.

For temporarily basis, please disable the security software and check.

For testing purpose, create a test user profile with full admin rights and install the latest version of Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw, when I tried to install trough  Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution​

this is the massage that I get link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Zifizi,

I am sorry, but I am not able to access the above link. Could you please post a screenshot? To post a screenshot, refer to https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELLO GUYS I GOT SOLUTION (well it take 2 hours for me) nothing to do just open computer<disk :C

help1.PNG

click on organize than<Folder search and option

help2.PNG

after that click on box view than click<show hidden files<and click apply

help4.PNG

now u can close this littil tab <and u can see new folder at the disk:C

help5.PNG

OPEN programme data<than ADOBE

help6.PNG

open folder till u got these options<than install acro read <and u will get your reader back

help7.PNG

and it will take less than 5 minutes to install<if this solution worked for u so please reply any word < cause my father think it is stupid to help anyone online (:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's working for me!!!

Thank you so much Yogesh!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

welcome i feel little happy after getting someone relief message i also posted a videoon youtube but quality is not that too good

link:[SOLVED] Installing Adobe Reader Shows Newer version already installed - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Yogesh_Verma​, it works well!

I only registered to the forums to write you. Thank you very much for your help! Your father should be proud. Helping others is what make our world better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buddy, you are genius. It worked for me. I am a PM at one of the leading IT company. Your father will be proud of you. Just preparing you for big.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks he is feeling proud after seeing people relief messages on youtube & here

my video in is youtube [SOLVED] Installing Adobe Reader Shows Newer version already installed - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations! It worked! I have spent a couple of hours trying to uninstall, clean, restart, reinstall...with same results ('Newer version already installed')

Thanks again and tell your father that it was not a stupid initiative to share your experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a Lot Yogesh. It really worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i usually don't post back on forums but, @Yogesh_Verma, this time i must do  exception!

You are a genius and Adobe techs should be ashamed of themselves not knowing the solution like you do!

so much wasted time and countless failed installation with pointless restarting attempts until I saw your step by step screenshots of 'how to'. Amazing job! you deserve a medal!

for those who still have troubles opening the file after all you did Yogesh advised you too, please don't give up but restart your PC, go to your downloads or document you want to see, accept t&c of Adobe and open with right click!

it worked for me!

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one thing to say the video I posted was cheated by one other guy named Radoi Florin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo are a life saver! Brilliant ... worked like a charm!

Tell your Dad that we are loving you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Man. You are the real deal. Tell your father you have got love down here in Nigeria. Had to create an adobe account to express the gratitude. Let me do this in my Igbo lingua. Daalu rinne. Imeela. Gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This absolutely helped me out! I am a Network Administrator for a large company. Your thoughtfulness to take the time to post the suggestion in the online forum is very appreciated. Please let your father know that your time was not wasted and is much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yogesh you are a life saver!!!!  I spent hours trying to get this resolved and your solution was the only one that worked.  I was crying out of sheer frustration.  Tell your father you have been blessed to help others.  Again, I don't know how to thank you!!!!

Regards

Donna-Marie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much yogesh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, after spending way too much time removing, deleting, cleaning, rebooting, emptying trash and nothing changing I went to microsofts apps for PC and downloaded "Adobe Reader Touch". https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search?q=Adobe+touch

I personally like the new look without all of the clutter, it still screen_saves  and the quality of the images are much better

It works like my microsoft photo making the PDF much easier to read.

If you are a Pro I am not sure if you will like it, you may have to pick one of the other 1,500 PDF apps to edit etc.

For the student and advanced novice (me) it suits me very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry NOTHING DONE HERE makes any difference in the installation process of Adobe Reader. I've used the Cleaner tool plus downloaded the Entire file separately and after 8 trys I keep getting an ERROR which I cannot copy that says the "Installer Cannot complete the Update process" or something to that effect. The problem is 100% in the Adobe Installer program since I've done countless.installs on my Win7 Home system and NEVER had this problem before. Please Adobe get your act together and FIX THE INSTALLER. This is the only problem I see and the ONLY problem program I have. I've totally Uninstalled the program so now I have nothing.

Wish there was another company to go to now!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok guys this time I seriously messed up and I apologise.

I went to a second CLEAN & UNUSED WIN 7 Partition and downloaded the Acrobat Update and it Installed just fine!!!!

Apparently my older Partition was corrupted somewhere and wouldn't accept ANY ADOBE UPDATES or even the New downloaded file. I've never seen this before but in PCs theres always a first time right?

Also I haven't used the PC that much due to Android cell.

JMMBB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i try to install on my pc with win 8.1 at 100% of installation the progress bar coming back and give me this error

screenshot.png

Now i try to do all the windows update, i hope for a solution....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Loranza,

We're sorry for the trouble you had. Install all the Windows update (mandatory and optional), reboot the machine. Update the C runtime update, refer to the following URL for obtaining the update https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows

Reboot the machine again and install Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

You may also refer to the help article Error 1722 while installing/updating Acrobat DC/Acrobat Reader DC on Windows

Let us know if you experience any issue.

duplicate thread There is a problem with windows installer package

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

(Edited response)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines