• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install or uninstall Reader DC

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Reader DC working fine on my computer then I upgraded to Windows 10.  I hated it so I reverted back to Windows 7. Not sure if this has anything to do with the problem I have now, but as it stands now, Reader DC won't work. When I try to uninstall it or reinstall it I get this message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable,"  and it asked me to enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "AcroRead.msi." I've searched my computer and the only file that comes up is the one gives me a message that says "The path {file name} cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package "AcroRead.msi" in a folder from which you can install the prodcut Adobe Reader Xi (11.0.13)."  I really have no idea what to do next. Any helpful ideas on how to get Reader DC to work properly on my computer again?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

You can try using this tool to first remove all traces of Reader from your computer:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Then, you can download the full offline Reader installer from

http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

After downloading, restart your computer and run the installer before doing anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Installing continues up to 90 % and stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem install gets to 54% and stops

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try using this tool to first remove all traces of Reader from your computer:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Then, you can download the full offline Reader installer from

http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

After downloading, restart your computer and run the installer before doing anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I had to run the cleaner twice before it worked, but it looks like I'm up and running again. Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any advice for what to do if this doesn't work?

So far, I've run the cleaner three times and the installer three times and, each time, it's stopped right near the end of the install and I get the exact same error message I've been getting for at least a couple of months now when trying to install the update: "Error 1325. Favorites is not a valid short file name". I also get this same error dialogue when uninstalling the program and, now, also when I'm trying to install via the link provided in the post above.

I've no idea what to try next - anyone???

(As an aside, I'm on Windows 10 and this is just one of a bunch of mysterious errors that have never happened prior to my upgrading to Win10).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through this same problem, couldn't find a solution online, and spent hours troubleshooting.

...I finally found the solution.

To clarify, I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, found that it was not a good fit for my computer, so I reverted back to Windows 7. Afterwards, I could not get my Adobe Reader work. Installing and Uninstalling were both unsuccessful.

The solution is:

Go to Microsoft website and download Microsoft Fix-It. This is a trusted program straight from the Microsoft website. The link to download it is:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall

This program will walk you through the steps to be able to Uninstall the corrupt Adobe Reader file that remains on your computer. Once this is done (you may need to restart your computer), you can reinstall Adobe Reader from Adobe's website.

I am confident that this will solve the problem, assuming that you are experiencing the same issue as louised7565690.​I hope you have a good rest of your day!

-Chad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this post, it solved a very frustrating situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for posting it solved problem installing DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! 
I have been trying to solve this issue for hours now... The Adobe cleaner software did not work, manually looking for and removing registry keys did not work, enterprise downloads gave no luck.

But the fixit tool managed to find the old corrupted install of Adobe and smite it from the computer. Again thanks a lot! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Microsoft Fix-It solved it smoothly .. Thank you so much .. 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines