Highlighted

Can't Open Document

New Here ,
May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 12.55.04 PM.png

I am unable to open PDFs and get the error message above, even after I quit the application.

How can I remedy this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't Open Document

New Here ,
May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 12.55.04 PM.png

I am unable to open PDFs and get the error message above, even after I quit the application.

How can I remedy this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restart your computer and retry.

[moved from Installing, Updating, & Subscribing to Acrobat to Acrobat Reader]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Akki_24 LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. Hoping that you have managed to find the resolution by now? As suggested above, did you try to open the document after restart?

If you are still looking for the resolution, then you may try the following troubleshooting steps-

1- Open Task manager>Processes>Close all the Acrobat processes running in the background.

2- Reboot Reader as well as computer.

3- Where exactly this document is saved? Try to open a different PDF and check the result.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC