• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't print PDF with windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Windows 10 today, and now I can't print PDFs. I can select my printer as an option, but when I hit print, nothing happens - no printer icon, no printer queue. I can print other documents, just not PDFs.

TOPICS
Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi emily39276324,

What version of Reader (or Acrobat) are you trying to print from? What type of printer are you trying to print to? Is it on a network, or local? So many questions! But I hope that your answers will help us get to the bottom of things.

Best,
Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sara,

I’m trying to print from Acrobat Reader DC. Sometimes it says that I have to install a printer (even though the printer is listed when I try to print), and sometimes it says nothing. My printer is an HP LaserJet, and it is a local printer.

Thanks,

Emily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi emily39276324

Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

Also, Are you able to print documents using other programs on your windows 10 Device?

Regards,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rahul,

The error message (from Acrobat Reader) says “Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer.” However, I am able to see and select the name of my printer when I try to print.

I’ve been able to print in other programs – I just can’t print PDFs.

Thanks,

Emily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi emily39276324

I get that, can you still post a screenshot of the error message so that i can look into this issue (as it involves windows 10 ) and escalate it (if necessary).

Regards,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro installed, (even though I’m trying to print from DC), so I get this message as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  When using an earlier form Adobe Acrobat it complained of a printer needing to be installed. When I upgraded to the latest version of Acrobat DC Pro now it brings up the print dialogue but does not print.  It does "nothing".  It looks like it is sending to a print queue... but nothing ever attempts to communicate with the printer.  I too can print from other applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOUR EMAIL to ME: What version of Reader (or Acrobat) are you trying to

print from? What type of printer are you trying to print to? Is it on a

network, or local? So many questions! But I hope that your answers will

help us get to the bottom of things.

Best,

Sara

Following Can't print PDF with windows 10

<https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1920560?et=watches.email.outcome> in these

streams: InboHello

MY REPLY: I am using Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard

I print to HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 thru a home network. I am the only one

using Windows 10 on the network - every other appliance (iPad, Mac, PC) are

Windows 7 and have no issues printing to the printer thru the network.

Thanks for any input you can offer. Right now I export my docs (Word and

Excel mostly) to pdf in order to print. or save my docs on the cloud or

thumb drive to take to another computer.....

Sarah Nelson

Thank you!

Sarah Õ¿Õ¬

Sarah Nelson

Medical Office Mentors

623.640.6059 cell & text

623.240.2642 fax

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:16 AM, ericg11930474 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is how to fix Can not print, Document stuck problem of Printer in Windows 10

1 - First Turn off the printer

2 - Now Press windows Key + R and paste services.msc in it.

3 - Now, in the list of services which came, find the term Print Spooler in it.

4 - Right click on it and click on stop.

5 - Now Go on Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Printers

Source:- http://merabheja.com/fix-can-not-print-document-stuck-problem-of-printer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may not have been specific enough. Before the update I could print documents generated by a non Acrobat program. After the update my program will no longer print document to PDF from my application. I get an "Activation Error Code 30" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. My Acrobat 9 pro can no longer print from web browsers and office documents after Windows 10 upgrade. I purchased Adobe DC to replace 9 pro but it doesn't resolve the issue. No error message, just nothing happen after hitting print. I was able to print from Notepad or use integrated Adobe menu from office document to generate PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that I described my issue incorrectly. I was able to print PDF files. I was not able to convert documents and webpages into PDF files when using the print option and set Adobe Acrobat as the printer. The problem was resolved after Adobe's tech support worked on it. I still don't understand why it works after the tech support used it. It is no longer a problem anyway. Please do not reply to my original question anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with any version of Acrobat Reader I try on three different Win 10 PC's printing to a network printer.

A work around is use the Print as Image option; it saved me.

In Print >  Advanced > Advanced Print Setup, check "Print as Image" box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should check into this.  But I found a simple work around.  I printed the document with Microsoft Edge (i.e. the new web browser).

Go to the file

Right click on the adobe file

"Open with"... then Select "Microsoft Edge"

And print from there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

control "P" and enter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally figured out how to print .pdf files combining several ideas from others and my own.

In windows 10 got to 'settings' then 'system' then 'default apps' then scroll down to 'set defaults by file type'

Go to '.pdf ''  and make sure "Adobe Reader" is the default, if not change it

Exit out

Open your .pdf file again and choose print

Open the 'Advanced' tab for Advanced print setup and place a check mark in the box for 'Print as Image'

Choose 'OK'

Choose 'Print'

You will have to do this each time you print a .pdf extension file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2016 Jan 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your post.

I tried these settings but it still doesn't print.

PDF file is sent to the printer but it stalls after printing 1/5 of the page and then eventually I have to manually delete it.

I'm in the same boat as most people.  After upgrading to Windows 10 I can't print PDF documents to a printer anymore.

My default app for PDF is Adobe Reader.  I have set advance printing option in Adode Read to 'Print as Image'.

Why is this happening in this day and age? Aren't Adobe and MS getting along with each other anymore?

Remember people if it ain't broke then don't fix it.  I still have a Windows 7 system I am now printing my PDF documents from.

The golden rule with MS is only use operating systems with odd numbers, like 7, even number OS's are usually problematic, like 8 and 10.  I would wait for Windows 11 and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2016 Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After following all the steps described above by ah4769461, you might have to Quit Adobe. Then try opening your doc again and printing. This worked for me.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me...thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reinstall the printer and everything will work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have the same issue after a W7 to W10 migration. All worked until I had to replace my user profil because some parameters were not OK with just the microsoft migration (My Profil was down after each reboot).

I have a PC, with a correct W10. All printers are on the network and works well with others documents (Excel, print test, ...). Printing with Edge works too.

But I can't print a pdf document with Acrobat DC or Acrobat Reader DC. I have two messages :

Adobe Acrobat Reader - Pbleme W10 - 01.JPG

Adobe Acrobat Reader - Pbleme W10 - 02.JPG

"Impossible to print the document"

Adobe Acrobat Reader - Pbleme W10 - 03.JPG

"No page selected for the print"

You would see that "All" is selected in the field "Pages to print".

Solutions tested :

* Other type of document : OK

* Other type of software : the new browser Edge works

* RE-install Acrobat : the same

* Print as an image : the same.

Does someone have an idea or could help, please, because it looks like Adobe hasn't check and give us a solution ?

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with one user that we upgraded to WIndows 10. Print as image does not work. Reinstall does not work. Printing from Edge instead of Acrobat Pro X does nothing, it gives no errors and the document does not print. It is only affecting one user printing PDFs. Printing from Office products works. I can log into her laptop and print PDFs however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem after upgrading to Windows 10 two days ago. But, the program would start to print, I was able to go into a folder and name the pdf, and then the program crashed every single time.

The solution that worked best for me was to change the default program for pdf's to Microsoft Edge (when you go into the option to change to Edge, there is a comment on the app logo that Edge is the recommended default for Windows 10). To do this, go to Settings==>System==>Default Apps (scroll down to the bottom)==>Choose default apps by file type   Find the pdf file type and change to Edge if it is not Edge already.

If you need to open a file in pdf, all you have to do is right click on the name and choose Open With==>Adobe Acrobat 9.0 [or your version will show]

It didn't take long for me to learn to love Edge. I do a lot of report writing while researching regulations, health hazards, etc. In Edge, I can highlight a regulation number, a word, a phrase, whatever you want, right click and an internet windows opens side-by-side with my document with the information I need for my report.

I already love Windows 10. I signed up for it and then disabled the upgrade because I heard so many complaints. I wish I had upgraded sooner. There will always be growing pains with a new program, but everything I need to learn about it, I can find on Google. I am finding lots of short cuts that is making my work much easier.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines