Highlighted

Can't print PDF with windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Windows 10 today, and now I can't print PDFs. I can select my printer as an option, but when I hit print, nothing happens - no printer icon, no printer queue. I can print other documents, just not PDFs.

Topics

Print, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't print PDF with windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Windows 10 today, and now I can't print PDFs. I can select my printer as an option, but when I hit print, nothing happens - no printer icon, no printer queue. I can print other documents, just not PDFs.

Topics

Print, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi emily39276324,

What version of Reader (or Acrobat) are you trying to print from? What type of printer are you trying to print to? Is it on a network, or local? So many questions! But I hope that your answers will help us get to the bottom of things.

Best,
Sara

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sara,

I’m trying to print from Acrobat Reader DC. Sometimes it says that I have to install a printer (even though the printer is listed when I try to print), and sometimes it says nothing. My printer is an HP LaserJet, and it is a local printer.

Thanks,

Emily

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi emily39276324

Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

Also, Are you able to print documents using other programs on your windows 10 Device?

Regards,

Rahul

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rahul,

The error message (from Acrobat Reader) says “Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer.” However, I am able to see and select the name of my printer when I try to print.

I’ve been able to print in other programs – I just can’t print PDFs.

Thanks,

Emily

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi emily39276324

I get that, can you still post a screenshot of the error message so that i can look into this issue (as it involves windows 10 ) and escalate it (if necessary).

Regards,

Rahul

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro installed, (even though I’m trying to print from DC), so I get this message as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  When using an earlier form Adobe Acrobat it complained of a printer needing to be installed. When I upgraded to the latest version of Acrobat DC Pro now it brings up the print dialogue but does not print.  It does "nothing".  It looks like it is sending to a print queue... but nothing ever attempts to communicate with the printer.  I too can print from other applications.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOUR EMAIL to ME: What version of Reader (or Acrobat) are you trying to

print from? What type of printer are you trying to print to? Is it on a

network, or local? So many questions! But I hope that your answers will

help us get to the bottom of things.

Best,

Sara

Following Can't print PDF with windows 10

<https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1920560?et=watches.email.outcome> in these

streams: InboHello

MY REPLY: I am using Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard

I print to HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 thru a home network. I am the only one

using Windows 10 on the network - every other appliance (iPad, Mac, PC) are

Windows 7 and have no issues printing to the printer thru the network.

Thanks for any input you can offer. Right now I export my docs (Word and

Excel mostly) to pdf in order to print. or save my docs on the cloud or

thumb drive to take to another computer.....

Sarah Nelson

Thank you!

Sarah Õ¿Õ¬

Sarah Nelson

Medical Office Mentors

623.640.6059 cell & text

623.240.2642 fax

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:16 AM, ericg11930474 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is how to fix Can not print, Document stuck problem of Printer in Windows 10

1 - First Turn off the printer

2 - Now Press windows Key + R and paste services.msc in it.

3 - Now, in the list of services which came, find the term Print Spooler in it.

4 - Right click on it and click on stop.

5 - Now Go on Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Printers

Source:- http://merabheja.com/fix-can-not-print-document-stuck-problem-of-printer/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may not have been specific enough. Before the update I could print documents generated by a non Acrobat program. After the update my program will no longer print document to PDF from my application. I get an "Activation Error Code 30" 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. My Acrobat 9 pro can no longer print from web browsers and office documents after Windows 10 upgrade. I purchased Adobe DC to replace 9 pro but it doesn't resolve the issue. No error message, just nothing happen after hitting print. I was able to print from Notepad or use integrated Adobe menu from office document to generate PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that I described my issue incorrectly. I was able to print PDF files. I was not able to convert documents and webpages into PDF files when using the print option and set Adobe Acrobat as the printer. The problem was resolved after Adobe's tech support worked on it. I still don't understand why it works after the tech support used it. It is no longer a problem anyway. Please do not reply to my original question anymore.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with any version of Acrobat Reader I try on three different Win 10 PC's printing to a network printer.

A work around is use the Print as Image option; it saved me.

In Print >  Advanced > Advanced Print Setup, check "Print as Image" box.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should check into this.  But I found a simple work around.  I printed the document with Microsoft Edge (i.e. the new web browser).

Go to the file

Right click on the adobe file

"Open with"... then Select "Microsoft Edge"

And print from there...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

control "P" and enter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC