Highlighted

Can't print specific kind of PDF - Security Issue?

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Updated to DC as required for an online service. All other PDFs are working fine except for this one. Using Google Chrome, PDF is enabled and Adobe plugin is also installed for Chrome. The PDF downloads, when opened a message box pops up stating there is a security setting. The only options is to select OK and then the PDF closes. I can't figure out how to allow this to open.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't print specific kind of PDF - Security Issue?

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Updated to DC as required for an online service. All other PDFs are working fine except for this one. Using Google Chrome, PDF is enabled and Adobe plugin is also installed for Chrome. The PDF downloads, when opened a message box pops up stating there is a security setting. The only options is to select OK and then the PDF closes. I can't figure out how to allow this to open.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 17, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome doesn’t use Acrobat Reader to open files. Try opening the file directly in Reader instead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2019 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that doesn’t help please give us the complete words of the security message, exactly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attachment is downloaded. This is the message I'm getting.

A pop up box says the following: Warning: Javascript. Network Error - Printing was interupted. Please try again. NotAllowedError. Security settings prevent access to this property or method"

Behind this box. at the top, jsut below the tool bar, a yellow message comes up which I cannot select. It says "Some features have been disabled to avoid potential security risks."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2019 0