• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't read PDF in Acrobat Reader

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this when I open a PDF in Acrobat Reader after the first click. All my video drivers up at latest version as is Acrobat Reader.

Any ideas?

Is it likley to be a bug with Adobe or with the video card driver?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Killicrankie

We are sorry for the trouble and the delay in response.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs that you open? Please try to open a different PDF file and check. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing. Upload the file to the document cloud (https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/) generate the link and share the link with us.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat / Reader DC you are using? To check the version please use the link (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html)

Make sure you have the latest version 20.006.20034 go to Help > Check for Updates.

Also, please check for any necessary and recommended updates for the video drivers and firmware and try removing them and reinstalling and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thanks for your suggestions. I checked my Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version and it's the latest, 20.006.20034. I've also checked the (Radeon) video driver version and it is the latest too.

I get this behaviour on most, though not 100%, of PDFs, including those I generate and many received or downloaded from various places on the internet.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists. lease try the following steps and see if that helps:

Go to Adobe Acrobat / Reader DC (Mac), Edit (Windows) > Preferences > Enhanced security > Turn Off the Protected mode and uncheck the enhanced security > Click OK and check.

Note: Please turn on the security after testing.

If it still doesn't work, try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try opening the PDF there and check, 

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

If the issue is still unresolved, please try the following steps and see if that helps:

Please try to update the application to the new version 20.006.20042 released recently. Go to Help > Check for Updates. Also, share the video card driver version and try to update the video drivers and firmware.

If it still doesn't work please share the sample files and the log files with us for testing.

For windows please use the process monitor tool to collect the logs (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon) run the tool and generate the issue and collect the logs to share.

For Mac please use the steps in the link (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html)

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there 

Please refer to the reply by MarkInFL  about the fix of the issue in a similar discussion (https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/screen-turns-to-black-and-white-dots-using-adobe-acrob...)

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines