• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't SAVE AS pdf's

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updated Adobe Reader DC, I can no longer use the SAVE AS function to save a pdf. 

I'm not having this issue with any other document in excel or word, it is only when I'm trying to SAVE AS  from a pdf.

I uninstalled the Adobe program and then reinstalled it, but that didn't work.  I use the SAVE AS function constantly

as a way to rename and place the doc in the appropriate folder on my laptop.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Go to Edit - Preferences - General and disable "Show online storage when saving files" and "Show online storage when opening files".

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the bottom of the dialog page and select okay.  It was hidden for me, I needed to scroll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Your fix worked for me too! 

What I resent is that this issue was posted back in 2018, it's now 2022 and good for nothing, lazy companies like Adobe don't fix these issues, force you to comminity forums like this to figure out if there is a fix. 

Horrible support nowadays, all b/c everything is so fragmented. Everyone is quick to release their products but when it comes to supporting them and making sure they work like they should, you hear crickets and see tumbleweeds pass by.

There...that's my rant for today and thank you Adobe for wasting a lot of my time and NOT caring about what should have been fixed YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ROCK!!! Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You so much!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue after this new update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure this setting isn't enabled once more...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still unable to save pdf files even with the fix??? Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Try67 - that solved the problem for me. Why this work-around should work I'm unsure, but it's great. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @leilanis13890030,

Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

If the issue still persists, we would require following information to understand the issue better:

• Environment/Platform/System information
  • Application (Acrobat/Reader) version
  • Does other views like Document Cloud, My Computer, etc. in home are working as expected?
  • If observing blank view, go to Task Manager(WIN)/Activity Monitor(MAC)
    • check whether a process named "RdrCEF" is running or not?
    • If running, is it in a hanged state?
    • If hanged
      • WIN: right-click on the process and create the dump file and share with us.
      • MAC: select process-> click setting icon above to expand the drop-down options -> take Sample process and Run Spindump and share both with us
  • Check if Rdrcef.exe is crashing [Go to task manager(WIN)/Activity Monitor(MAC) -> observe PID of AcroCEF/RdrCEF processes, it changes]
    • WIN :
      • enable the Windows crash reporting WER feature. Steps to enable crash dump creation: Collecting User-Mode Dumps (Windows)
      • OR You can also use the attached registry key to enable the automatic crash dump creation. This will place the dump at C:\Dumps\. dump.reg
    • MAC:
      • Go to Console -> User Diagnostic Reports
      • Share reports name starting with "AcroCEF"/"RdrCEF"
  • If possible, share a video reproducing the problem.
  • Kindly share the contents of following locations :
    • WIN
      • For 64 bit machine go to :
        • C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\<Reader/Acrobat installation>/WebResources/Resource0
        • C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\<Reader/Acrobat installation>/AcroCEF
      • For 32 bit machine go to:
        • C:\ProgramFiles\<Reader/Acrobat installation>/WebResources/Resource0
        • C:\ProgramFiles\<Reader/Acrobat installation>/AcroCEF
    • MAC :
      • /Library/Application Support//Adobe/Acrobat/<Track>/WebResources/Resource0
      • Content of Acrobat
        • /Contents/Frameworks/AcroCEF Helper
        • /Contents/Helpers/AcroCEF/AcroCEF

Please share the required information to debug the issue further.

-Thanks

Sunil Soni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've checked on Task Manager and there is no RdrCEF process (either running or suspended). Where do I go from here? Where should RdrCEF.exe be as I can't find it on my machine at all? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was having this same issue on my iMac and this fix solved the problem. The "Show online storage when saving files" was enabled, the "opening files" was not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me too. Thanks try67!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem. When I try to "Save As," the pop-up window offers a choice of 4 recent folders. When I click on the "Choose a Different Folder" button, the pop-up window just disappears and the file is not saved.

When I followed the instruction to disable "Show online storage when saving files" and "Show online storage when opening files," the pop-up window fails to open at all.

Someone (Adobe, are you monitoring this at all?) needs to fix this. Otherwise, my subscription is a waste of money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all the steps and it didn't work but then I did the repair install also before rebooting the next day. It started working again. Idk why or how but it did. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the edit then general then storeage on both then ok and it works on pdf I download but it doesn't work when I open a pdf from my pc then save as a different name. It's not fixed. They need to fixt it asap. I have been dealing with this for over a month or more. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find Edit--preferences on my Mac please?

I went to System Preferences, and there are no options "Show onlline storage....", only thing close is Preview - should that also be unchecked?

ThankYou.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was driving me crazy! Thank you for letting us know the solution. It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy bin Acrobat reader switch default pdf to cute in windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines