Highlighted

can't SAVE AS pdf's

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updated Adobe Reader DC, I can no longer use the SAVE AS function to save a pdf. 

I'm not having this issue with any other document in excel or word, it is only when I'm trying to SAVE AS  from a pdf.

I uninstalled the Adobe program and then reinstalled it, but that didn't work.  I use the SAVE AS function constantly

as a way to rename and place the doc in the appropriate folder on my laptop.

Please help!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Go to Edit - Preferences - General and disable "Show online storage when saving files" and "Show online storage when opening files".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

can't SAVE AS pdf's

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updated Adobe Reader DC, I can no longer use the SAVE AS function to save a pdf. 

I'm not having this issue with any other document in excel or word, it is only when I'm trying to SAVE AS  from a pdf.

I uninstalled the Adobe program and then reinstalled it, but that didn't work.  I use the SAVE AS function constantly

as a way to rename and place the doc in the appropriate folder on my laptop.

Please help!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Go to Edit - Preferences - General and disable "Show online storage when saving files" and "Show online storage when opening files".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? Do you not see this menu item at all under the File menu? Do you see it but it doesn't work?

Please provide more details.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the SAVE AS, the box pops up, however, it is entirely blank.  You have any idea how to fix it?

It only happens when I'm trying to SAVE AS a PDF.  Word & Excel work just fine.  I tried uninstalling and then

reinstalling Adobe (I have the export paid version).  Still no work.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue after this new update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix worked! Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure this setting isn't enabled once more...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! After two weeks of looking for an answer, finally, you helped me. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to save to my computer, not online.   I'm having the same problem.  This suggestion did not work for me.  Whatever Adobe has done, this needs to be corrected. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other ideas?  This didn't work for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PaulT_in_Dallas,

Sorry for the trouble caused.

Could you please confirm the application version and OS on the machine?

You can take help of the steps provided in the following link to check the application version.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

Did you check if the issue occurs with all the PDFs that you try to save or with some particular PDF?

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Try67 - that solved the problem for me. Why this work-around should work I'm unsure, but it's great. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @leilanis13890030,

Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

If the issue still persists, we would require following information to understand the issue better:

• Environment/Platform/System information
  • Application (Acrobat/Reader) version
  • Does other views like Document Cloud, My Computer, etc. in home are working as expected?
  • If observing blank view, go to Task Manager(WIN)/Activity Monitor(MAC)
    • check whether a process named "RdrCEF" is running or not?
    • If running, is it in a hanged state?
    • If hanged
      • WIN: right-click on the process and create the dump file and share with us.
      • MAC: select process-> click setting icon above to expand the drop-down options -> take Sample process and Run Spindump and share both with us
  • Check if Rdrcef.exe is crashing [Go to task manager(WIN)/Activity Monitor(MAC) -> observe PID of AcroCEF/RdrCEF processes, it changes]
    • WIN :
      • enable the Windows crash reporting WER feature. Steps to enable crash dump creation: Collecting User-Mode Dumps (Windows)
      • OR You can also use the attached registry key to enable the automatic crash dump creation. This will place the dump at C:\Dumps\. dump.reg
    • MAC:
      • Go to Console -> User Diagnostic Reports
      • Share reports name starting with "AcroCEF"/"RdrCEF"
  • If possible, share a video reproducing the problem.
  • Kindly share the contents of following locations :
    • WIN
      • For 64 bit machine go to :
        • C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\<Reader/Acrobat installation>/WebResources/Resource0
        • C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\<Reader/Acrobat installation>/AcroCEF
      • For 32 bit machine go to:
        • C:\ProgramFiles\<Reader/Acrobat installation>/WebResources/Resource0
        • C:\ProgramFiles\<Reader/Acrobat installation>/AcroCEF
    • MAC :
      • /Library/Application Support//Adobe/Acrobat/<Track>/WebResources/Resource0
      • Content of Acrobat
        • /Contents/Frameworks/AcroCEF Helper
        • /Contents/Helpers/AcroCEF/AcroCEF

Please share the required information to debug the issue further.

-Thanks

Sunil Soni

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously?!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was having this same issue on my iMac and this fix solved the problem. The "Show online storage when saving files" was enabled, the "opening files" was not. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me too. Thanks try67!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC