• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Save Changes to a Fillable PDF

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one particular PDF that I need to download and input a lot of information into, but each time I download it from Google Drive, it says that I am unable to save any changes that I make to it; I can make changes and print it out, but I cannot "Save As" and create a new PDF file.  I've attached an image of one message I receive from Acrobat.  How can I fix this?

I'm using a Mac if that makes any difference.  Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Mac , PDF forms , Share or review PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the exact version number of the application (You can find it out by going to Help - About Adobe Acrobat/Reader)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated it last night and am using Version 2020.012.20048

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Russell,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, Its the issue with one specific PDF file.

++ Adding to the discussion

It would be very difficult to say anything without looking at the file. Please share the PDF file with us for testing so that we can check it at our end.

Upload the file to the Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ generate the link and share it with us.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Amal, I just uploaded the PDF to that link and tried to generate a link to the PDF to send to you, and this message came up.

"Encrypted files can't be sent for viewing"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just unclicked from allowing people to edit the file and it gave me this link.

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:ce5927f3-d47e-4a81-b733-99f22d85676f

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This file was specifically created in such a way so that it can't be saved with the filled-in data in Reader. There's nothing that can be done about it. The only way to save it is by using Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know how the owner can change the file so that it can be saved with filled-in data?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They'll need to apply a specific right to it in the application used to create it (LiveCycle Designer), I believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.  Unfortunately that's unlikely, since it's a government document pulled straight from the website, so I don't think I have the ability to make them do that.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you use Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find someone with Adobe Acrobat. He/she can apply the additional Usage Rights to this XFA-form. After that you can save this form even with Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, don't do that. Messing around with a governmental form is not a good idea. In some cases it can even be illegal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines