Can't Save Changes using "Save" in Adobe PDF. Help!

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, in my old Laptop, I could save changes to Adobe PDF using the "Save" rather that "Save As" which directly saved changes without making me choose location again and again

However, after I transferred all my data (including PDF) to my new Laptop, and redownloaded Adobe (Since the Adobe which was transferred wasn't working for some reason. So I reinstalled it), I can't "save" the changes now, without "save as"

When I click File > Save it still brings up the "Save As" window and asks me to choose location. When I try to close without saving and it asks to save changes and I say "yes", it still opens the "Save As" window

Even "ctrl + s" is now popping up the "Save As" button rather than "Save"

Basically its like my Save button has converted to Save As. PLEASE HELP!!!!

I am using Adobe Acrobat DC

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanidhya5FCD,

I had the same issue  a few years ago BUT I have a solution

This is my solution down below

So you take your file and edit it, then when you go to save it, you need to click on save as and then just give your pdf another name, then you can delete the old pdf and then rename the new 1.

I will post pictures of what I did to fix the issue when I have time.

I hope this helps

🙂

Have a good day.

Tell me if my solution worked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more