Highlighted

Can't save pdf document

New Here ,
May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve been working with the same document in Acrobat Reader for a while, using the tools with comments etc. and I never had any problems saving, but suddenly I can't save. When pressing "save" I see a dialogue box saying "save as", but it's all empty so I can't continue. I have tried "repair installation", there are no updates and the automatic saving never worked.

Hi Kts0347,

If you want to save file on local drive of your machine.

"Save" option would be activated only if you made some changes to opened document.

You can always use "Ctrl+Shift+S" to launch save as dialog and you can choose your desired location to save file.

Kindly let us know if it helped.

-Thanks

Sunil Soni

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't save pdf document

New Here ,
May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve been working with the same document in Acrobat Reader for a while, using the tools with comments etc. and I never had any problems saving, but suddenly I can't save. When pressing "save" I see a dialogue box saying "save as", but it's all empty so I can't continue. I have tried "repair installation", there are no updates and the automatic saving never worked.

Hi Kts0347,

"Save" option would be activated only if you made some changes to opened document.

You can always use "Ctrl+Shift+S" to launch save as dialog and you can choose your desired location to save file.

-Thanks

Sunil Soni

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 21, 2017 3
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi malinb78378956,

As you have mentioned that the "Save as" windows open as blank, please try the following steps:

• Launch the application and go to Edit menu > Preference > General.
  • Uncheck the box for "Show online storage when saving files".
  • Click "OK" at the bottom to save the settings.

Now try to save the file and check if it works fine.

Let us know if you still experience the issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2017 29
New Here ,
May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Reader DC and when someone sends me a PDF file, I would like to save it.  My desire is to save it on my PC or possibly to my subscribed cloud storage, which is constantly open and available.

However, the "save" button is inactive, and the drop down menu from "Save" offers only "Save As" and "Save Other"  When I click on "Save As", a white pop up box opens but it never populates with any content (same as described above).  When I click on "Save Other" it offers to save the file as Text.  I tried that however it only created a simple text editor version of the file, without any formatting.

What does work is the "Save to the Adobe cloud" button.  When I click that button, the pdf file saves under the same file name to my Adobe cloud storage.

I followed your instructions above i.e.

• go to Edit menu > Preference > General.
  • Uncheck the box for "Show online storage when saving files".
  • Click "OK" at the bottom to save the settings.

The result of this action was only to deactivate the button for "Save to the Adobe cloud".  It did not activate the normal "save" button, nor did it make any changes to the "Save As" or the "Save Other" drop down menu choices.   So it removed the only save option that worked.

So, I'm still looking for a way to save my received pdf files  to a location other than the Adobe cloud storage.  The reason is because I don't want to log in to my Adobe account just to download a file.  I want it more accessible - either on my PC or in my full-time connected cloud.

Could use your help here. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2017 6
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kts0347,

-Thanks

Sunil Soni

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2017 1
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKED PERFECTLY!!  Thank you!!  This issue has been making me nuts for over 2 months now!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2017 1
New Here ,
May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it solved my problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2019 1
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  That save me a lot of trouble!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Had to go to press. Was panicked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked well for me today. Thanks@

I encountered this problem for the first time today after the update for

- Acrobat Reader DC version 19.12.20034.328841

(Previous version was - Acrobat Reader DC version 19.10.20099.322322 )

Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1809 (build 17763.475)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its FIXED in latest version.on my laptop Windows 10

I have just received updated Acrobat Reader DC version 19.12.20035.332343

The problem appears to have been fixed. Thanks

Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1903 (build 18362.175)

Install Language: English (United Kingdom) System Locale: English (United Kingdom)

TOSHIBA SATELLITE C850D-12L

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This tip actually worked, thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not working. Keep getting same error message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with my adobe reader. But after reading your message how to fix it and this instructions works fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I know it's 2 years down the road, but I just came across the answer to this which has recently (Sept 2019) started to happen and has driven me nute. Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your suggestion was right on the mark ...thanks. What I wonder is did the "show online storage when saving files" something that was there from the beginning or did it get marked by accident or hacking?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic, problem solved

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil this works - brilliant you've saved my file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, think solved the problem!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!! That literally saved my studies!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!  That actually worked!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the issue for me, by unchecking the box

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  Tried this solution, didn't work in Windows 10.  This has been a continuing problem, and predates Windows 10.  Anything else that might work?  It also happened when I received a pdf document someone had emailed to me.  Even though it was completely filled in on his side when he sent it, what I received was blank.  Had to resort to snail mail.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAGIC! 🙂 Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great tip, worked for me, thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your suggestion. I have been experiencing the same issues as the person who raised the question, and also tried repairing, to no avail.

I completed steps as you suggested, and works immediately! I am so relieved.

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This tip was extremely helpful and did the trick to fix the problem.  Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Between this and removing and reinstalling the program, I am back up and running. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I know it's an old post, but I have been unable to save normally for 2 weeks on my Mac with Acrobat Pro.  I had to "save as other" and select one of those options to be able to save.  Otherwise I would just get the spinning disk. But deactivating the "show online storage when saving files" worked. I have no idea how or why that changed and that box became selected. I never touched it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for this solution!  Works perfectly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this question and for everyone who responded with the correct answers! Definitely saving me a lot of time, thank you again!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the "File menu, select "Save As". This is how to fill PDF forms and save it without Adobe Reader. Since Adobe Reader doesn't allow you tosave filled PDF forms, you should find other options mypremiercreditcard.me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been driving me bonkers!  Thank you!! so much . Fixed issue with corp edition Acrobat Pro v 19.012.20034 on MacBook Pro running High Sierra v 10.13.6

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked.

Reach out to us for any more concern.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue is ongoing with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (19.012.20034). Basically the application cannot save open documents properly. Save (Ctrl+S), Save icon and the Save as (Ctrl+Shift+S) options all do the same thing and open a dialog to box to the Save as option. You are forced to select a location and if you prefer the same location, choose to overwrite existing file!! From this point onwards you can make changes and save as you would expect to do in any other application. Each time you open a file you cannot start saving changes immediately unless you choose a file location in the save as dialog that opens as above. This is a bug that needs fixing.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate