Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't sign a fillable PDF

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am running into a issue that I cannot sign the document. I am trying to sign a visa form which requires signature. Please help! This is what the page looks like, the signature icon is greyed out!

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Tina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tina,

It seems that you have received the document from other source.

You may check the document properties and see whether you have permission to add the signature to the document or not?

Also, what is the application used to create the the form? You may open the form> Right click> Document Properties>Security and check the security tab.

You must go through the help document- Fix the common issues in fillable forms in Acrobat or Reader

If that doesn't help then you may send the document to us via email, we would test the same at our end and would let you know conclusion.

(I have shared the email address via private message kindly check that and do mention your name and forum thread in the subject line of the email)

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too cannot sign a fillable form, despite the properties stating that signing is allowed. Just as was the case for Tina, the signature icon is greyed out. Can I email my form to someone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem can anyone help me out with this please ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing's been resolved, I take it? I have this problem too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We apologize for the delay in response to your previous message.

If you are still experiencing the same problem then any of you can please share a sample file with us on email which is shared in private message.

If you have managed to find the solution to this problem, then you may help us with your finding.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Running Adobe Acrobat Reader and a document where I have signing rights. Still the "sign" icon is greyed out. Please help resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue now also. I cannot sign a form I sent to be signed by one party and returned for me to sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sorry for the trouble you had, what is the version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

Is it possible to post a screenshot of the Sign icon which is grayed out? To post a screenshot, refer to the steps mentioned in the article https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Sign-out from Adobe Reader, reboot the machine once and restart the application and sign back in and check.

Are you facing this issue with all the PDF files or is it with a specific PDF file?

If you are on Windows machine, repair the installation files of Adobe Reader from help>repair installation, reboot the machine after repair and check.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, and I'm a hurry for fullfilling my Student Visa Extension in Canada.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess this was never fixed? I'm having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, these forums are not shareable. I am also having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  The form allows signatures.  In my case, I own the form.  I sent to to someone so they could apply for access to my network.  They signed it, no problem.  Now I must sign it and send it to my IT department.  I can't sign the form.  Presumably, because it has been signed already and Acrobat isn't allowing modification.

I used to be able to do this with this form on an older version of acrobat.  I can no longer do this using Acrobat Pro DC version 2019.021.20049

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used to be able to add my signature, but not anymore. Why? Please stop removing features that used to work well or making them more complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty late to the party, but I hope this helps someone.

The workaround that worked for me was after filling out all of the editable fields I printed it to PDF, opened the new version and signed. I assume there was some sort of permission applied to the original PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just helped me; thanks for posting.  Likely wouldn't have considered printing a .pdf to a .pdf...but it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  made an account just to thank you for this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you genius. i created an account just to thank you too.

printing a pdf into a pdf. thanks. many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To anyone considering using this solution, you need to be very careful. By doing it you'll effectively be creating a completely new file, without all the original form fields, scripts, etc. If this file needs to be submitted digitally it's very likely the institution you'll send it to will reject it out-of-hand, especially if it's a governmental form.

In some cases it can even be illegal to do it (as it's considered tempering with an official document)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this issue, Again. 

Last time it was about signing in and out, this time it wont work. 

I am subscribed to your cloud app, but not for long. Keep your basics working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines