Exit

Can't Uninstall Acrobat Reader

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have tried to open a pdf invoice from Amazon which gives the error -

LogError.cpp: Error opening log file for msg: soappdll:_FILE_:src\appmmap.cpp,_LINE_:271, ErrorVal: -3

It won't let me un-install

The cleaner tool doesn't work

If I reboot, then try and un-install Adobe, error comes back.

Please help!!!

thank you

Christian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Christian,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, please open Task Manager(Windows), /Activity Monitor(Mac) and close all the process related to Adobe.

Close all Adobe application and Adobe Reader, reboot the machine and then use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove any corrupt or conflicting installation files of Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine again and download Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let us know if you experience any issue.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I tried this app and it refuses to remove Adobe because Adobe refuses to quit.  

Another suggestion please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same very annoying issue with over 300+ devices and the provided cmd switches are not working AdbeArCleaner.exe /Silent /product=1 /installpath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC" /cleanlevel=0 /scanforothers=0. But, the AdbeArCleaner.exe works when I run manually. I have also tried different versions of the cleaner, but no luck. Any help would be great, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I installed the 3DxWare package it is impossible to open any PDF with Acrobat Reader DC (newest version). Every start of Acrobat results in a dead Acrobat Reader process in the task list.

Following error window occurs each time:

LogError.cpp: Error opening log file for msg: siappdll: __FILE__: src/appmmap.cpp, __LINE__: 271, ErrorVal: -3

Here are some tips that help solve my problem:

1. I uninstalled 3DxWare and Acrobat can now open PDF files.

2. Some similar discussions here: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10974882#10974882

3. I also tried uninstall Acrobat by referring to this guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines