• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we call shell script or AppleScript from Adobe Java Script

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added menu item using javasceipt, i want to access local folder file  , i couldnt do it from javascript, can i call shell commands from javascript which will access files in local filesystem. Thanks 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My goodness no. Absolutely not. This is supposed to be a secure system, that's why you can't just get to local files either. Remember PDFs could come from anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we launch another JavaScript from my Adobe reader javascript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Please describe what you want to do in detail so we can see if there is any way, rather than looking for general holes in the security model. I Donā€™t understand ā€œaccess local folder fileā€.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to write to a plist file local folder , ex: /Library/Application Support/example.plist . When i click on menu item i want set "action : true" and later i want to make it false to stop executing menu item multiple times. I am looking for ways to write and read from plist file from my javascript, May be by calling other javascript or shell script or apple script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please check the details 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sure you cannot do this. What a security hole it would be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines