Highlighted

Cannot attach PDF's to an email when opened from a website

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with Windows 7 and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Whenever we open a PDF from a website such as http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01272430.pdf and Outlook is already open we cannot attach the PDF to an email. It gives us the error that the OST file is in use by another application. If Outlook is closed it will open the email window and attachment.

I have changed some registry keys that I found in another forum (sorry I don't have those right now)

I have changed the Temp file location

We have uninstall and reinstalled Reader

We have changed Outlook from 64-bit to 32-Bit

It only seems to happen when the file opens directly from the temp folder. If we close it then reopen it from the temp folder it will attach correctly. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot attach PDF's to an email when opened from a website

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with Windows 7 and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Whenever we open a PDF from a website such as http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01272430.pdf and Outlook is already open we cannot attach the PDF to an email. It gives us the error that the OST file is in use by another application. If Outlook is closed it will open the email window and attachment.

I have changed some registry keys that I found in another forum (sorry I don't have those right now)

I have changed the Temp file location

We have uninstall and reinstalled Reader

We have changed Outlook from 64-bit to 32-Bit

It only seems to happen when the file opens directly from the temp folder. If we close it then reopen it from the temp folder it will attach correctly. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kend,

Apologies for the delay in response and the trouble caused, I hope you would be able to fix it by now.

If the issue still persists, as described above you are experiencing issues with attaching PDF to email, correct?

You may try updating the application to the latest version available 19.12.20036. Go to Help > Check for Updates. To know more about the latest version you may please refer to the link - DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Also, please follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the link - Attach to email option is not working | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC

Let us know if that works for you

Regards,

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC