• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot extract the embedded font 'AAAAAV+DustismoRoman'. Some characters may not display or print correctly.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

We have a client who uses Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and unfortunately whenever they try and open 1 particular PDF from Spiceworks they are met with the error of: "Cannot extract the embedded font 'AAAAAV+DustismoRoman'. Some characters may not display or print correctly."

I have reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader DC as well as reinstalled the font but unfortunately, the error still appears. The program itself has been checked and is up to date.

Hopefully, someone knows of a fix! I have had a search and have seen this has previously been fixed by a patch, but from the looks of reading into the topic, this should just be in new installations as the patch was released in 2016.

Kind regards

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

The fix release was made available within a week or two of the bug being reported!

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get the same error from the same file? Please also give exact versions, not "up to date".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

Apologies - I should have put the exact version number.

Product: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Version: 2019.012.20035

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Joe,

As asked by expert, please share the exact version of Adobe Reader DC. Here is how you can identify it: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

you can also identify whether you have the latest version of Reader installed or not : DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same phenomenon happens in my environment.

Reader: 19.12.20036.342519

It did not occur in previous version 19.12.20035.

Because it is Japanese environment, I am different visually, but the message of the as follows same meaning will be displayed.

I did not confirm it, but a fellow worker told that it occurred in macOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the same behavior I noticed on macOS.

macOS version: macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6

Adobe Reader: 2019.012.20036 without any plugins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I verified it with some files.

The kind of a font buried in a file may be related.

It occurs with the file which Type 1 fonts is incorporated in, but, in the case of a TrueType font, does not occur.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, just in Acrobat DC instead of Reader. This has only occurred after the latest update to Adobe Acrobat.

Re: Embedded font error opening PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing similar issue with Reader DC v19.012.20036

Cannot extract the embedded font 'AAAAAA+FranklinGothic-Book

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest Acrobat DC cannot handle CFF charset format 2.

I already reported via bug report form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix is to roll back to version 34 until the problem is fixed.

Download the patch to roll back to version 34 (version 36 has the fonts bug).

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/AcrobatDC/1901220034/

And turn off Automatic Software Updates!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm seeing the same thing. I have a user that downloads several PDF's from a ADP and one document gives her and myself the error. We both have Adobe Acrobat Standard DC 2015.006.30499. I have another PC that has not gotten the update and it has Adobe Acrobat Standard DC 2015.006.30280, it works on that version. I downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader DC V 2019.012.20036 (today from Adobe's website) it gives me the same message. We have several of this PDF's for record keeping and if the user or I go back to a previous document it still gives us the same error. I also tried to open it in Edge and it works, both the one from yesterday that she just created and older PDF's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully a representative from Adobe can post a resolution for us all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the trouble caused.

The issue has been reported to the development team for further investigation and for the fix. We will share an update soon.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The engineering teams are aware of the issue and further investigating the root cause. We will share an update on this issue soon.

Appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fix release was made available within a week or two of the bug being reported!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines