• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open PDF docs

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open PDF files posted by immigration Canada and when I click on their links I am told that Adobe Reader is out of date and requires version XI which I already have. What really throws me off is the fact that I am able to download half of the files (which require the same specs), while the other half are inaccessible. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

The PDF viewer of Google Chrome can't display XFA forms. Enable the Adobe Reader plugin in Chrome or use another browser, like Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF viewer of Google Chrome can't display XFA forms. Enable the Adobe Reader plugin in Chrome or use another browser, like Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help! You have made my day that much easier!

I hope you have a great afternoon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem and I'm using internet explorer!!  Every time I always get this message:

Please wait...

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document.

You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.

For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/support/products/ acrreader.html.

Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.

but it never changes!!! I download it and the file comes up fine but when I start typing it crashes.  What's going on???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Reader version?

Do you use the Adobe/Acrobat Reader plugin, or some other PDF viewer on IE (e.g. the Windows 8 PDF viewer) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my Adobe reader is version 11.0.11 and I'm not sure about the second question…sorry I never really had this problem before, so I wouldn't know how to check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a mac sorry I should have mentioned that before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ummm…and I'm dumb I meant I use Safari not internet explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple Preview can't display XFA forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it and it's working perfectly fine now but I had to uninstall adobe reader and reinstall. I'm not sure why, it was the same version, but at least it works now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I keep having the same problem. First it was only this site but it has now extended to even other documents I was able to use before from other sources. It must have been one of the updates. Please help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2016 Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What adobe plug-in? Where can I get it and is it listed on Internet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE HELP ME.

I have similar problem with same site, cannot open pdf files and explanation is that my version is old.

Problem is, when I download Acrobat using link provided in explanation is says NEVER VERSION ALREADY INSTALLED.

I cannot find Acrobat anywhere in my computer to even check which version I have.

I am literary loosing my mind now since I have to submit this application soon.

Help. Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines