Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open PDF in Acrobat Reader

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

A colleague sent me a PDF and when I open it I get the below message.  I've tried saving it as a Adobe Acrobat document but it still opens with the message.  Any ideas how I can open it?

'Please Wait....

If this message is not eventaully replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viwer may not be able to display this type of document.

You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows, Mac or Linux by visting......' etc

I followed the link to try to download the latest version and it advised me that I already have the latest version.  I've not had this issue with opening PDFs before, does anyone know what I need to do to be able to open it?

Thank you, Michelle

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't open the file in a browser. Open the file in Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried doing this and the same message came up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the actual file with us?

You can attach it to the original message using the tiny paperclip icon at the bottom when you edit it, or upload it to a file-sharing website (like Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, etc.), generate a share link and then post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error 'Please wait' ehile opening the PDF file.

++ Adding to the discussion

Please take alook at the help article https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/pdf-won-t-display-please-wait/td-p/4788543?page=1 and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. When you get the message, it should be in a window and across the top of the window, a title bar, with the name of the file and SOMETHING ELSE. Is the something else "Acrobat Reader"? If so please send a screen shot.

2. How did you "save as Adobe PDF"? Be very sure NOT to print to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines