Highlighted

Cannot Open (view) a PDF Form in chrome

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to fullfill and submit a form online but when i try to view the file it says

"To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer. You can upgrade
to the latest version of Adobe Reader from www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
For further support, go to www.adobe.com/support/products/acrreader.html"

But when i save them and open via acrobat reader it opens perfectly. But i have to submit the form online. How can i view it using chrome browser?

Topics

PDF and browsers, PDF forms, View PDF, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot Open (view) a PDF Form in chrome

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to fullfill and submit a form online but when i try to view the file it says

"To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer. You can upgrade
to the latest version of Adobe Reader from www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
For further support, go to www.adobe.com/support/products/acrreader.html"

But when i save them and open via acrobat reader it opens perfectly. But i have to submit the form online. How can i view it using chrome browser?

Topics

PDF and browsers, PDF forms, View PDF, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot view this form in Chrome. Nor Edge nor Firefox. Try Internet Explorer. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

++ Adding on to the suggestion by Test_Screen_Name

Please refer to the browser and browser related settings in the help article here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/cant-view-pdf-web.html) and see if that helps

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save the file to your local computer and then open it in Adobe Reader for best results.

That's exactly the same as opening it in a browser. Either way, it's a local copy of the file, not an "online" version, which is not possible when it comes to PDF files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC